Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

I actually watched the game until the 4th. Sometimes it looked like we weren’t running plays. Kanter is that guy on the boards :pimp:. Beasley was looking scared to shoot too.

We beat the Cavs, Celtics, Thunder but then some of our losses have been straight laughable.

detroit x2
orlando x2
atlanta
chicago
charlotte
sixers

50/50 blame on injuries and Hornychecks terrible coaching :smh:

Hopefully Hardaway stays on schedule and comes back sooner than later

We def need him for January

I dont appreciate the NY Daily news slobbing on Embiid's love muscle like he's won anything other than a few regular season games despite Kanter giving him that work... Embiid is a cornball for real :smh:

Reading some of Enes quotes he definitely has the mentality the KNICKS need, he cares about bring W's.

I don't see how Kanter fits in our future plans. He's unplayable without Porzingis on the floor to cover up his defensive mistakes and you can't afford to run your offense through a post player in 2017.

I love his energy and passion but paying a player like him significant money would be a big mistake.

depending on our success the next 2 years I could see us bringing back a lot of these guys

Then you end up like the Heat or Blazers with a 40-45 win ceiling for the next 5 years. I hope Perry Mills have the future in mind & don't get caught up in the moment.

I definitely want McDermott back, though.

But team Ball is about complimenting each other’s play and picking up your teammates on their weaknesses and knowing your teammates strengths. Kanter is the heart of this team and is a team player that puts in dirty work, gobbles up a ton of offensive rebounds and can score. Who would you replace him at center with? If it wasn’t for him we probably would be 5 games under .500. You’re never going to find a team where every starter is good at everything.

I don't see how Kanter fits in our future plans. He's unplayable without Porzingis on the floor to cover up his defensive mistakes and you can't afford to run your offense through a post player in 2017.

I love his energy and passion but paying a player like him significant money would be a big mistake.

nick. nick.

Agreed to an extent. I'm all about building continuity, you can't always reload and get rid of players. We have a lot of good role players, 3rd 4th option type guys.

Too many factors are involved. How good will Frank and KP really get? Are we getting any stars in FA? Are we gonna draft a stud?

Which is why it's so hard to build a legitimate contender in the NBA. Can't just go the draft or FA or trade route. Lots of luck involved with certain pieces falling into place.

Look at the Raptors for example. Practically the same team every year always winning 50 games, but for what? I strongly believe if we keep this current team, other stars would want to play with KP and we can build up from there.

We'll see though, a lot of it falls on the development of Frank/THJ/KP

Last edited:
It's all about money at the end of the day. If Kanter wants to come back for 4/$60M, sign me up.

I just don't want to eventually become a team like the Hawks that's a perennial 6-8 seed for a decade.

4 years/60 mill is very reasonable. I think he wants to stay too.

Hawks really never had 4 guys 26 and under capable of winning 40+ games though. Also never had KP type talent. We're in a weird situation. Young guys playing hard winning games, but not good enough to actually contend.

We gotta get lucky this upcoming draft and as it looks so far we'll be picking in that late lotto range if we don't creep into the playoffs holding onto the 8th seed.

I think you build on what we have. Noah is actually holding us back with his contract. You can resign Kanter for Noah’s money and then have near Max for another player. And only 2 teams have legit built contenders right now through the draft and that’s San Antonio and Golden State. And that had a lot to do with luck, player development, good coaches and players complimenting each other.

Back
Top Bottom