Official 2017-2018 Knicks season thread

Euro players still have to declare for the draft in order to be drafted just like any other prospect coming into the League. That's actually a very solid point you bring up about Pablo and Kuz. I can't really think of a reason why Doncic couldn't just circumvent the draft/rookie contract and hold out to free agency like Pablo or Kuz, but because of who he is he could easily demand $10+ mil and sign with a team of his choosing in free agency. I gotta look into the details on that one. :lol:

I might be mistaken but I think it's probably because Pablo/Kuz and I'm assuming other Euro players who signed with NBA teams later in their careers as free agents, entered the NBA draft in the past and went undrafted, making them free agents. I think Doncic would have to enter the draft, but of course he wouldn't go undrafted. Pretty sure that's why but I could be wrong.

What I do know is that it's probably not possible for Doncic to do that because I'm sure he has smart people who know all that **** on his side and he, like every other top rated Euro prospect before him, has declared for the NBA draft. However, he can still pull a Rubio and threaten to stay overseas if he doesn't want to be drafted by a certain team. However, as in the Rubio case, the team that drafted him still holds onto his rights and if Doncic ever wanted to play in the League he would be forced to go to the team that drafted him unless they traded his rights.
Yea u got it...everybody has to declare for the draft and if you are undrafted you can sign with anybody...Another thing is sometimes the overseas players get drafted and there is a time limit on when a team has a players rights, so if they dont come to the league within that time frame they can sign with any team after that as well....Also if you get drafted but dont sign with any other pro basketball team for the next season you can enter the next draft

1564ACD1-CAE3-4D68-A1DA-D53FC9DB95F2.png

I hope enes opts out along with koq...we don't need either 1 especially if want to sign someone or rebuild.... Enes getting paid really for a center thats not built for the league right now..Centers now shoot 3s or pick and roll and he don't play defense. Koq a good player but we can get a d league player to do what he does...

Kanter opting out would be a big win for us. I don't think he will though, he's not getting close to 18mil anywhere. I would like KoQ back tho as a rotation big (not the starter), but we may not be able to afford him. Ideally, what type of player would u guys want starting next to KP?

I feel like with the way the league is going, we need someone who can run and defend small ball 4s. KP is not quick enough and doesn’t have the endurance to run up and down the court, so hes gotta be our 5 vs most teams. We really need a Draymond Green/Jae Crowder/Ronda’s Hollis Jefferson/Morris Twin type player who can run, rebound, guard 4s and cover some 5s. I can see Miles Bridges doing that, though he looks to be shorter than all the guys I mentioned besides Crowder. The risk with Miles is that he never becomes a good offensive player and he becomes a shorter, smaller Josh Smith. I really hope he's there at 9.

If Bamba falls to us, I'm not sure how he fits the team unless he comes off the bench or we trade KP. The Spurs and Raptors are probably the only competitive teams that make the two big starting lineup work and even then they have had some trouble with Ibaka and Pau having to guard quicker guys.

Obviously its a done deal but wish we got rid of koq and kept willy. He's a better player but get benched for koq... Koq would be better off on a team more established than here. Good player definitely but rather use the cap space from him and enes opting out on Gordon or randle imo

I hope enes opts out along with koq...we don't need either 1 especially if want to sign someone or rebuild.... Enes getting paid really for a center thats not built for the league right now..Centers now shoot 3s or pick and roll and he don't play defense. Koq a good player but we can get a d league player to do what he does...
What?

No we can’t get a D leaguer to do what KOQ does. KOQs production is super underrated. Hope we keep him.
Yeah I don’t know what the hell fam is talking about. Kyle needs to stay.

Koq is not a guy that will make a huge difference on this team is my point that will get this team to make the playoffs. It's like Ronny Brewer good player but on an already good team but won't move the needle on a bad team. So what's the point in keeping him if you trying to rebuild

He can't say anything about the NBA since he's still under contract with Real Madrid

can he withdraw his name for the draft? or is it like college where you sign with an agent so theres no turning back

can he withdraw his name for the draft? or is it like college where you sign with an agent so theres no turning back

He can withdraw if he wants. He’s a pro as is so not like he loses his amateur status so. Can’t blame him for not wanting to go to the suns or Kings

Back
Top Bottom