Official 2017 Boxing Thread: 12/16 - Billy Joe Saunders vs. David Lemieux HBO

Who will be the winner of Terence Crawford vs. Julius Indongo fight?

• Crawford

Votes: 16 88.9%
  • Indongo

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
 Chris Mannix‏Verified account @ChrisMannixYS  2h2 hours ago
 Spike, as @danrafaelespn reports, the first PBC network to bail. Others, industry execs say, will follow. Haymon creation crumbling.

*edit

I guess ESPN is going to sue Al. 
So just what happened to the current dates? On the ESPN.com boxing schedule, while there is a plethora of boxing on the calendar from all across the world on various networks, there are no PBC on ESPN dates currently listed. The April 14 PBC card on ESPN, which was listed only as “Venue-TBA,” was taken down last week. PBC does have broadcasts listed for Showtime, FS1/FOX Deportes and Bounce TV.

But that doesn’t mean ESPN is out of the boxing business. Late last year, it was announced that Golden Boy Promotions had entered a deal with ESPN to show fights on their various platforms and those slots are being filled in accordingly.

The scuttlebutt is Haymon owes several millions to the network and litigation could be pending.

When contacted by UCNLive.com about the status of their relationship with ESPN, Tim Smith, the Director of Communications for the PBC, said (via email), “We still have a great relationship with ESPN, as we do with all our television partners. We’re in the process of determining how best to position certain fights on certain networks, as we move forward with the Premier Boxing Champions series.”
http://ucnlive.com/pbc-still-espn/#.WPD_TzmL6YI.twitter

Last edited:

Thought the prices were ridiculous honestly will wait for it to get closer to the fight date buy em on stubhub for the low

Very sad and really puts into perspective just how dangerous the sport is and how fans need to stop the coward talk. Anyone that steps in the ring is obviously brave and not a coward. Keyboard warriors love to yap about running, cowards, ducking etc.

Last edited:
Combat sports are very dangerous when played by the rules.

It's these imbecile refs like from the Colon fight and dirty fighters like Andre Ward, B Hop, and Terrell Williams among others that love to use filthy tactics in the ring.

The Broner head locks, elbows and forearms.
Andre Ward and B Hop throwing numerous head butts.

Let's hope dirty fighters get theirs too

Combat sports are very dangerous when played by the rules.

It's these imbecile refs like from the Colon fight and dirty fighters like Andre Ward, B Hop, and Terrell Williams among others that love to use filthy tactics in the ring.

The Broner head locks, elbows and forearms.
Andre Ward and B Hop throwing numerous head butts.

Let's hope dirty fighters get theirs too

Hard to call someone dirty when uve never been in the ring bra if guys were dirty like you say and thats all they were u wudnt be talking about em

The tragedy is that Colon constantly complained to the ref and then the doctor let him continue. He got 2 points deducted for a low blow that was retaliation for rabbit punches yet the ref only took 2 points away for a clear rabbit punch. Plenty of dudes tried to say he was turning away and it wasn't the opponents fault for punching the back of the head, but the most egregious instance was clearly intentional and he wasn't turning away.

Indongo did his thang, i wouldve scored some of those rds 10-8 with all the back pedaling burns did. I can see indongo giving buds fits with his lanky awkward style.

Alexander's brothers fighting. He does that grunt with every punch too. I find it so annoying.

Hard to call someone dirty when uve never been in the ring bra if guys were dirty like you say and thats all they were u wudnt be talking about em
bra the rules don't change for your favorite fighters.
Dirty is dirty.
Excessive and repetitive fouling is dirty.
Filthy
Animals
Boxing requires class and respect.
Cry all you want

bra the rules don't change for your favorite fighters.
Dirty is dirty.
Excessive and repetitive fouling is dirty.
Filthy
Animals
Boxing requires class and respect.
Cry all you want

No crying bra. Just sharing an opinion if uve never gone to war on the ring ur opinion on what goes on means nothing

Well I heard that Virgil Hunter doesn't have experience fighting. Perhaps Ward shouldn't listen to him.

Last edited:
Well I heard that Virgil Hunter doesn't have experience fighting. Perhaps Ward shouldn't listen to him.

Dont get the point of this post lol.

The same dude who says Ward is dirty along with Hopkins ,I can gaurantee has never been in the ring

This same person probably complains that Harden is only good at drawing fouls in a game lol. there's is a reason that he is able to get to the line as often as he does

Aside from that is anyone really giving Klitz a chance to beat Joshua? And when is Wilder gonna fight another true champ in the division

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom