Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

i had to block that asinine fool that is STILL pissed that melo put us back in the game, bc he took shots "out of the offense"? get the **** all the way out of here. i'm blocking any and everyone that continues to talk out of their *****.

FAX though... look i love what rose has brought to this team but lets not act let like he doesnt take bad shots and doesnt control the offense... he looks for his instead of making everyone around him better and he gets turnovers also... if your going to call out melo then do the same for rose... rose should be more to blame cuz well hes the pg of the team... to be honest i dont care whos team it is and who scores as long as we get the W im not complaining at all... if lance drops 40 every game and we win then get the ball to lance and same for anyone else

I would never seriously advocate trading Melo just because you can't get equal value. But, I don't approve of his play, even if he was making his shots. He's not Steph or Klay man lol. He can't do this every night. Taking every damn three, even with a hand in his face, and doing it out of the flow of the offense..
I'm pretty serious. He made his shots tonight and that's great, but I'd like to see him alter his play still. That's not sustainable. Walking the ball up and shooting contested 3s without anyone else touching the ball. He's not Stephen Curry. I'm not debating that he shouldn't look to score the ball. It's the how that I'm concerned with.
laugh.gif

youre not even a Knicks fan. arent you only here for Rose?
funny thing is, the EXACT same thing you're complaining about Melo, can be said about Rose.

you even mentioned Rose was a decent defender. if shadowing a guy, getting up close on non shooters, and letting his man drive to the hoop is decent, then yeah. Rose was never known for playing defense. being athletic =/= defender. (see Russ ballwatching)
Jennings defense = Rose defense

Melo had to play selfish in the 3rd, because the guards were creating NOTHING.
Melo started to get going after the crossover on Thad Young.
TALK THAT **** MY BOY

I would never seriously advocate trading Melo just because you can't get equal value. But, I don't approve of his play, even if he was making his shots. He's not Steph or Klay man lol. He can't do this every night. Taking every damn three, even with a hand in his face, and doing it out of the flow of the offense..

Lol..

Thank God he was making it though
Klay and curry Chuck it as soon as they have space. Melo breaks down his defender even when he doesnt have to. Your hate is so strong u dont even reLize ur not making sense. We like Rose but cut the bs

I don't hate Melo. That's asinine. :lol:

Look, Jennings does this too but I don't say anything when he goes hot and shoots contested 3s because I've seen he can change the approach of his game whether he goes hot or cold.

Melo, on the other hand.. . More often than not, he will shoot again and again, even if he's cold. Ravage said it best. Klay and Steph can keep shooting because their team is built to withstand cold spells. The Knicks are not. They can't play defense.

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't look to get his. Melo I see as a pure scorer, just like Rose..and that his priority should be to look at his shots. I'm just saying he should be looking to attack in different ways.

Last edited:
I don't hate Melo. That's asinine. :lol:

Look, Jennings does this too but I don't say anything when he goes hot and shoots contested 3s because I've seen he can change the approach of his game whether he goes hot or cold.

Melo, on the other hand.. . More often than not, he will shoot again and again, even if he's cold. Ravage said it best. Klay and Steph can keep shooting because their team is built to withstand cold spells. The Knicks are not. They can't play defense.

Again, I'm not saying he shouldn't look to get his. Melo I see as a pure scorer, just like Rose..and that his priority should be to look at his shots. I'm just saying he should be looking to attack in different ways.
Shooters are supposed to keep shooting point blnk especially when they got it going right out the gate like Melo did last might. Your still trying ro compare players that really arent comparable which i why i think ur blinded by some hate.

What a difference Rose makes tho

my guy, you must be trollin based on your stance.
let me get this straight...

- you just compared Jennings to Melo. AND you said you had more faith in Jennings changing his game more than Melo :rofl:

have you seen Jennings' shot? hes a streaky scorer but his jumper broke. thats why hes looking to pass

- to think Klay / Steph would change their shot selection if they were on a bad team is hilarious. scorers always think they hot... see Kobes last game. 60pts on 50 shots

- you see Melo as a pure scorer? oh word. water is wet.

and Melo is what, 13 yrs in? you think hes gonna change his game? hes used to carrying the load on offense

... you gotta be trollin with all that

Last edited:
I think I hate Melo after he took all that bread and expected to build around him ASAP.

I def hated him when he was worried about the next mans pockets

My hate stems from that, and he's also bff's with the self proclaimed king

LOL @ that response.
why are you apologizing?

anyways, hope we get a big lead tmrw night.
just so we feel comfy going into Sundays game

I'm just not going to entertain a post where I'm accused of trolling just because I have a position you don't agree with. Feel free to laugh though. Lol

When Melo is on, he is on.

I could be wrong but, last night was the first time I've seen Melo, Rose and KP collectively having a great game.

Why hasn't Hornecek tried to run more PnR with Rose/Melo and KP? Something has to be going on for him to not even EXPLORE this option during games. KP is too devastating on the offensive side of the ball. He's already a mismatch for most players in his position. What would he do to smaller guards who switch?

ahh ok, i got you.

'not going to entertain'
thats cool.

hope you didnt get your white gloves dirty while posting in here.

When Melo is on, he is on.

I could be wrong but, last night was the first time I've seen Melo, Rose and KP collectively having a great game.

Why hasn't Hornecek tried to run more PnR with Rose/Melo and KP? Something has to be going on for him to not even EXPLORE this option during games. KP is too devastating on the offensive side of the ball. He's already a mismatch for most players in his position. What would he do to smaller guards who switch?

the Chicago game they were all on one. even Lee & Noah.

not running that PnR more often is now a 1 and a half season question. hell, even when Melo in the post, have a guard screen for KP so he can pop out & shoot the 3

^ Last night I mentioned it was the first time all season Melo, Porzingis, & Rose were all on at the same time. Beautiful sight.

Don't think anyone mentioned Noah's play. If he could play every game like he did last night I won't say another word about his contract. :lol:

Yea Knicks are dangerous when all three are on. Hopefully they all play well at the same time more often.

31 of the Knicks last 34 points (I think) was just them :lol:

Noah played well but even when he does, I swear I feel like I'm watching a slot machine when he's under the basket. You just dont know if he's going to hit or miss until he does. Sometimes it looks like he doesn't aim. He just throws it up and prays it goes in.

Looking to score on the roll is what he should do more often though. He's hopeless outside of 5feet.

Last edited:
Ya Noah has been playing pretty well actually. One thing he's good at is getting his points on a rebound or put back. And his defense is getting better too. If he can just do the little things his contract won't be looked at as too bad lol

No Knick is above criticism from me, and praise when the deserve it.. I've critized Noer plenty but he played a good game last night...would like to see more games like that from him.

last night was at least the 3rd game where he won us the game by himself. 2 game winners and that epic comeback last night.

PLEASE 

Still waiting for someone to oop me the gif of Melo going crazy after that last 3 he hit last night man 

The avi needs it

Back
Top Bottom