Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Celtics aren't giving up the Nets pick for Melo

Melo isn't waiving his NTC to go to the Celtics
Dudes are on some new drugs thinking Melo would want to be on the Celtics. Of all teams on the east.

Some are still fooling themselves thinking Melo gets traded and we get the best of the deal or any real assets.

:lol: @ people blaming poor effort and determination.

Or maybe we just aren't good. There is that possibility as well.
Its the other way first. We just aren't that good, players realize that, therefore they give poor effort and determination.

People say Melo is trying to prove something with his bad play or w/e but honestly it just looks like the obvious, Melo realizes the players around him, he gave it a nice go but 4 games over .500 is not the goods and especially with how this team can backslide. He's playing the same way he did before he shut it down after the asb.

Just jacking up shots when he can, mostly bad shooting nights, lackluster defense.

Wouldn't be surprised if his knee injury is back and he just doesn't want to quit this early in the season.

how come theres more talent on this team compared to atlanta and utah but yet their better than us?
Wait, who says we got more talent? :lol:

Let's get this trade done eh? 
nerd.gif

I think Utah's starting 5 is better than our's, plus no one is a hero on that unit, so all in all I think Utah is more talented. They're younger, hungrier, and more team oriented. So no, I don't think that Knicks are more talented, and Atlanta runs a better system, San Antonio East.

Nah, I am sure all of us hated Ewing trade

Traded Knicks legend plus he was an expiring for trashes with bad contracts :x

This isn't the same thing. We want to trade Melo to lose more :lol: and invest in the future. And to not be stuck in the middle with no direction.

Pat was finished though to be fair.

This, Pat didn't want to admit his time had come and gone. Killed me to see him in a supersonics uniform. He further degraded himself later donning the uniform of the Orlando magic. #7 hasn't fallen off to the level Pat did...yet. He looks to be well on his way though. If you can get something for him now then do it or be stuck with him rolling downhill for 2 more years. Also, I hate the comparison between Pat and #7. Pat was the best knick of all time. True he didn't win any championships, but his team's were always contenders. The same cannot be said for #7.

Last edited:
These guys enjoy playing with eachother. But comraderie that doesnt lead to Ws is pointles..

Yall wanna keep playing together, yall better win some Effin games FAST.

This is what we deal with all season. A few games above .500 then a few games below. I think we'll actually do enough to make the playoff's and that's it and that's been my expectations from jump. We started slow, put together a few games and now hit a rough patch. Chemistry is what I spoke of in the pre-season and got roasted but so many people discount it or look it off like Rose going to the paint. Season ain't over fellas

Pat was finished though to be fair.

This, Pat didn't want to admit his time had come and gone. Killed me to see him in a supersonics uniform. He further degraded himself later donning the uniform of the Orlando magic. #7 hasn't fallen off to the level Pat did...yet. He looks to be well on his way though. If you can get something for him now then do it or be stuck with him rolling downhill for 2 more years. Also, I hate the comparison between Pat and #7. Pat was the best knick of all time. True he didn't win any championships, but his team's were always contenders. The same cannot be said for #7.
Pat had Riley and Gundy to be fair. And his teams played defense.

Last edited:
we need to create a fan list for the bipolars and those who should be on suicide watch. we're 16-18 and peeps are ready to blow up the whole thing :smh:

we need to create a fan list for the bipolars and those who should be on suicide watch. we're 16-18 and peeps are ready to blow up the whole thing
mean.gif
Lol we're still making the playoffs for sure but the only teams I can see us MAYBE beating in the first round are ATL, CHA, CHI or IND so we need to get our **** together quick if we wanna win a round at least 
mean.gif
eyes.gif

This isn't the same thing. We want to trade Melo to lose more :lol: and invest in the future. And to not be stuck in the middle with no direction.
Same thing.

Just some of y'all want to lose more now instead of win more now. Thing is if you remember back then we didn't begin to win more. That was the Layden era of us gradually losing more and more until we lost the identity of those 90s Knicks teams.

It's unfair to compare Ewing to Melo.

There were some things Ewing had which Melo never did and vice-versa.

Ewing had the misfortune of playing during the MJ era, but was always in contention of making it to the Finals throughout the 90's because he was surrounded with players who knew their roles and a head coach who brought in a winning culture to the team. Ewing had to deal with 2 coaches during his prime.

Melo played in an era where it was pretty much open and there wasn't a team or a single player who would always win. There was a chance. But he never had the consistency or a dependable team Ewing had. Melo has gone through 5 coaches during the 5 years he's been here. That's 5 different personalities and basketball philosophies with 0 credibility or winning pedigree.

I'm not a Melo apologist my any means and feel there are parts of his game which is detrimental to the long term success of the team. But I do believe it's simply unfair to compare Patrick Ewing to Melo. Although Ewing never won championships, he had far more consistency throughout his time in NY than Melo.

As much as most Knicks fans want him out and will use him as a scapegoat, we need to a take a long hard look in the mirror and realize we didn't maximize our opportunity with one of the greatest scorers the NBA has seen. We could've and should've done more with Melo. The pieces we have now are far better than what we've had in the past, but it may be a little too late. The team needs a few players and another year before we can really see tangible results.

Utah is far better than us in almost every aspect of the game.

If you look at their roster, you may think other wise, but the team works together and everyone understands and plays their role.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom