Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Melo scored more, rebounded, shot better, and played better defense than Paul George last year. But PG is considered a all word defender

George, Butler, Cousins, Leonard are not better than Melo I don't give a **** what anyone says. None of these guys have don't jack **** as a legit #1 option on a NBA franchise.

how about we make a list of top overrated players? not that they're terrible, but just a bit more hyped then they should be.

in no particular order:

har_en
derozan
alphabet from the bucks
conley
marc gasol
love
griffin
klay thompson

Melo scored more, rebounded, shot better, and played better defense than Paul George last year. But PG is considered a all word defender

Carmelo Anthony

22 points per game
8 rebounds per game
4 assist per game

Paul George

23 points per game
7 rebounds per game
4 assist per game

It's almost even

George, Butler, Cousins, Leonard are not better than Melo I don't give a **** what anyone says. None of these guys have don't jack **** as a legit #1 option on a NBA franchise.

I love to give Melo number 1

but lets open our eyes for a min, they basing this overall, maybe butler doesnt belong there, but cousins and leonard? your saying there not better then Melo overall ? that includes defense and offense

This was cousins stats for last season

2015-16 Season
PPG RPG
26.9 11.5

That sounds a legit first option to me bro.

Last edited:

but lets open our eyes for a min, they basing this overall, maybe butler doesnt belong there, but cousins and leonard? your saying there not better then Melo overall ? that includes defense and offense

2015-16 Season
PPG RPG
26.9 11.5

As much as we like to kill melo for his lack of playoff success since he got here are we gonna kill cousins as well ? Dude can do whatever the hell he wants to do on that team and continuously have gotten them nowhere. Before 2013 melo has never missed the postseason in his CAREER. Sucks that the playoff narrative only applies to him and no one else

Melo is STILL a top 10 player in this league and I'm not a Melo apologist at all. Dude gets so much unnecessary hate it's ridiculous

Oh for sure, i agree, Melo is in my top 10, def not top 15.

Im just tryna to answer your post about Cousins. Which is type similar to melo right now, can score and do alot of things but can't make playoffs.

2015-16 Season
PPG RPG
26.9 11.5

As much as we like to kill melo for his lack of playoff success since he got here are we gonna kill cousins as well ? Dude can do whatever the hell he wants to do on that team and continuously have gotten them nowhere. Before 2013 melo has never missed the postseason in his CAREER. Sucks that the playoff narrative only applies to him and no one else

I think the reason for that is Melo is vet and a top star, hes expected to make playoffs and go far, KIngs are still a young team and just tryna find there balance.

Im just tryna to answer your post about Cousins. Which is type similar to melo right now, can score and do alot of things but can't make playoffs.

The majority of Melo's career he was a main stay in the post season. Last four years not so much but Cousins has never even sniffed a playoff game and has played with good talent. My point is I'm not picking him over Melo even at this point of his career cause I don't think he makes us better than Melo does.

Cousins first six years in the league ZERO playoff appearance's.

Melo first six years in the league SIX playoff appearance's.

The majority of Melo's career he was a main stay in the post season. Last four years not so much but Cousins has never even sniffed a playoff game and has played with good talent. My point is I'm not picking him over Melo even at this point of his career cause I don't think he makes us better than Melo does.

So currently right now if you had to pick melo or cousins to start a team, it would be melo ?

And im saying right now in there ages and what they can do on the court.

So currently right now if you had to pick melo or cousins to start a team, it would be melo ?

If we're gonna do the age thing I'm picking Lebron's son. I hate that in these conversations the younger players gets the "potential" and "upside" benefit but the more accomplished player gets the "older" and "past his prime" stigma. It's not fair at all that's why in these conversations I like to discuss at this moment right now in real life not the hypothetical future if one player maximizes their physical talents and lives up to their potential

If we're gonna do the age thing I'm picking Lebron's son. I hate that in these conversations the younger players gets the "potential" and "upside" benefit but the more accomplished player gets the "older" and "past his prime" stigma. It's not fair at all that's why in these conversations I like to discuss at this moment right now in real life not the hypothetical future if one player maximizes their physical talents and lives up to their potential

But thats the whole point of the Slam top player or any list, its current best players in order. Or there stats for 2015-16. and number show cousins was the better player since he is basically the Kings.

same can be said for CP3. still no rings.

You dudes are sleeping on Harden. Pringles might really be onto something moving him to PG.

Back
Top Bottom