Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

We taking the chip next year 

#KNICKSTAPE 
nthat.gif

This Knicks season went exactly how I thought it would go so it doesn't phase me.

Some of y'all were really in here talking about us winning 50 games though :smh:

We are at square zero especially with the imminent Melo move which isn't actually a bad place. We have all our first round draft picks which is the key.

3-4 years of building and we should a solid core in place.

Phil will be retired by then and we can move away from the triangle as well.

I know y'all can't see it but it really isn't doom-and-gloom.

Agreed with everything you said. Except we'll continue to overpay second tier free agents that'll keep us somewhat relevant.

I don't care who we sign or what happens this offseason, but if you dudes repeat the annual tradition of getting mad when the media projects our record to be trash then you'll never learn.

I better not see any, "I'm gunna keep my expectations realistic....

Above .500 and the 6th seed"

"There's no way x, y, z, a, b, and c are better than us with the new pieces and KP's added muscle mass.....4th seed"

"You cats are bugging....37 wins"

We ******* suck and our spineless weak *** organization almost never proves doubters wrong.

Last edited:
Another 4- 5 years of no playoffs and sub 25 wins seasons is soon and gloom to me. I'm not looking forward to waiting until 2021- 22 to watch meaningful Knicks basketball....(I thought we'd be so much better this season. Not chip better but not lottery bad :lol: )

Last edited:
Agreed with everything you said. Except we'll continue to overpay second tier free agents that'll keep us somewhat relevant.

I don't think anyone actually wants to come here right now.

I can't see us getting anybody this summer really who would make us decent.

My fear would be signing Jrue Holiday but he's gonna get max money from someone else probably so I can't think of who we would really even be able to land.

Another 4- 5 years of no playoffs and sub 25 wins seasons is soon and gloom to me. I'm not looking forward to waiting until 2021- 22 to watch meaningful Knicks basketball....

As long as I'm watching young guys who have talent and are developing I'm fine with that.

I loved watching the two years of those Knicks teams before Melo came under Donnie with Wilson/Danilo cause it actually was the one time the team was doing the right thing.

There are no quick fixes in this league.

Last edited:
I don't even want any free agents this summer.

Build on KP, Willy, Kuz, Ron Baker. I think we can look at free agents after we assess what we have and know what we need to add.

But whatever. We'll probably sign Danilo Gallinari to a max deal.

Another 4- 5 years of no playoffs and sub 25 wins seasons is soon and gloom to me. I'm not looking forward to waiting until 2021- 22 to watch meaningful Knicks basketball....

As long as I'm watching young guys who have talent and are developing I'm fine with that.

I loved watching the two years of those Knicks teams before Melo came under Donnie with Wilson/Danilo cause it actually was the one time the team was doing the right thing.

There are no quick fixes in this league.
Those years sucked as well, the difference is there were no real expectations. There's no quick fixes but N.Y. will continue to look for them. The only thing we've seemed to be worse at than basketball is player development...

We can start winning when we actually get a good team and stop signing has beens and hyping them up because of what they did years ago.

And getting a good team takes time. Takes drafting right and signing the right free agents.

We can start winning when we actually get a good team and stop signing has beens and hyping them up because of what they did years ago.

And getting a good team takes time. Takes drafting right and signing the right young free agents.
Fixed........and I agree.

We need to quit hoping and praying for "past-prime" free agents to save us and start doing the slow rebuild thing for once

I have no expectations for next season.

We're drafting in the top 3? Perfect.
The young guys step up & we make a surprise playoff run like the Heat? Sure.

Just do things the right way.

Back
Top Bottom