Official 2017 Knicks Offseason thread, Phil Jackson gone

Who's Pookie and what's the origin of that nickname? :nerd:

Lance Thomas :lol:

Fisher wets himself a little bit every time Lance does something positive. I know his little heart flutters as his bae goes to work on the court. He knew all along his pookie was capable.

Fisher watch : Keeps his pookie in so he can pad some stats. He trusts him as the veteran presence to control the game, like the ball handling High BBall IQ, hard working, beautiful smile, strong muscles, loving person he is.

i dont see why we are still doing the triangle anyway... its like whats the point in hiring horny then? i know yesterday was the first time our starting 5 played together but bad defense and turnovers is not an excuse... we gave up way too many 3s and dunks...hopefully we can recover on Saturday

I didn't watch the entire game but even if KP came off the bench (which is not how any great player gets developed and would also set us back in wins, our and his max ceiling can only be reached if he's a starter,) KP himself doesn't demand the ball enough.

He plays too European and within the team. When's the last time dude had a mismatch and bullied someone for positioning and clapped for the ball? If sons body language isn't saying I'm a superstar get me the rock then he won't be fed when there are vets playing with him. I'm really hoping this changes early on. The greatest athletes often are greater in their head before their game catches up.

Also I really hope we can get at least one good on the court season from that fat contract we have Noah. Dude was getting herbed on the glass and had a donut for points. Usually teams get vets that bring leadership on a bargain contract / minimum type. This dude isn't getting paid just for energy and leadership. That kind of money demands a level of production too.

Last edited:
I do agree that KP needs to be more assertive. It's just that these "mismatches" we see aren't really mismatches if KP doesn't believe they are.

Like I said a few weeks ago, our season will go as far as KP goes. If he improves a lot, we'll definitely be in a better position

Who's Pookie and what's the origin of that nickname? 
nerd.gif
Lance Thomas
laugh.gif

Fisher wets himself a little bit every time Lance does something positive. I know his little heart flutters as his bae goes to work on the court. He knew all along his pookie was capable.

Fisher watch : Keeps his pookie in so he can pad some stats. He trusts him as the veteran presence to control the game, like the ball handling High BBall IQ, hard working, beautiful smile, strong muscles, loving person he is.
roll.gif

Classic.

On first take their discussing spurs vs warriors and out of nowhere kellerman cuts off Stephen A talking about kawhi is better than Melo like dude what is your problem :lol:

I still got faith in Lance. He was doing really good last year before he got hurt but no idea why he's regressed so much this year 
eyes.gif

Rose looked great in terms of speed, aggression, mobility and overall energy on the court. But it was obvious that he is rusty. Pretty much all 4 of the turnovers were mishandled dribbles. I really like what I saw from him.

Lee gotta find his niche with the team cause he's gonna get lost in the offense. He better start knocking that 3 ball down consistently.

Melo played selfish IMO. Went to the iso way too much and settled on the jump shot. I want to see Melo in the post. I think that's where he can make the most impact at this point in his career.

KP :smokin he's gonna have a great year. The pick and roll with him and ANYBODY should be the first look every time down court on offense. See what develops with a PNR right away and if there's nothing reset and run a play. I also want KP to see minutes with the second unit. Still as a starter, but get on the floor when Jennings is out there.

Noah... I'm gonna reserve judgment on Noah. He didn't look good at all, but I have hope he will get into shape and back in a groove and find a way to help this team. There is obvious chemistry issues with him and the entire team besides Rose.

Brandon Jennings had me pissed off last night. First, he got into a personal battle with Shumpert, because of his history with Teyana Taylor. I definitely saw the animosity between the two and Brandon tried to show off and failed. His head was definitely not in the game and he looked bad. I have faith that he can be a good player for us, but he has some mentality issues. I would like to see Ron Baker as the back up Point and use Jennings as a scorer off the bench. He just doesn't look comfortable setting anybody up. I'd be o.k. with him backing up Lee and having scoring be his primary objective off the bench. I think he and KP need to develope chemistry also, a PNR with those two can be a problem for most 2nd units.

Less Lance Thomas please. He's never played well after Fisher was fired. :x

More Kuz. He looked ready to go. No rookie jitters or nothing, he can play. Period.

Holiday showed me somethin I didn't see all Preseason. I liked his defensive energy and if he can hit the 3 consistently he will be a great piece off the bench.

KOQ :stoneface:

Looked like Willy was a little nervous out there, I still have faith in his ability.

Overall, I'm not upset about the loss much. I wanted to be more competitive, but we played a team that is still basically the same roster from last year and they coming off a championship. Plus the energy and emotion they must of had after the ring ceremony and banner raising will almost always propel any team to a W, especially against a team with little experience together.

The Warriors got clapped yesterday too. So again, game 1 of 82. We got a lot of work, but I think we gonna be fine.

I still got faith in Lance. He was doing really good last year before he got hurt but no idea why he's regressed so much this year :rolleyes

He's a scrub who had a good stretch. Didn't even look like a NBA player last night.

Less Pookie and O'Quinn and more Kuz, Baker, and Billy

More PnR and less slow triangle sets

Less Melo ball holding and Iso

I think we come out Saturday and kick ***. Horny is a good coach and will make the necessary adjustments

Last edited:
A big thing too is how little time Rose had with the team because of the thottie

He looked lost out there at times and then he'd start freestyling and bum rush the basket

Better game from Rose coming for sure

On first take their discussing spurs vs warriors and out of nowhere kellerman cuts off Stephen A talking about kawhi is better than Melo like dude what is your problem :lol:

You do know the purpose of that show is for them to argue, no arguement no show..... Max purposely says negative and absurd things to get Stephen hype lol

i agree more pick n rolls or pick n pops... we were deadly doing this in 2013 and now have the personnel to do that again

Back
Top Bottom