OFFICIAL 2017 MIAMI DOLPHINS SEASON (4-6) THREAD::NEXT:WEEK 12 NOV 26 1:00PMEST * AT PATRIOTS

My guess, it'll be Moore and Kaep this year. Moore gets the start because he is familiar with the system and has experience under Gase. Pls no Cutler

My guess, it'll be Moore and Kaep this year. Moore gets the start because he is familiar with the system and has experience under Gase. Pls no Cutler

I'd agree with this... no draft picks, no trades. Have faith in the players and the system. Have faith in the coaching and make the best of it. Let Gase build his legacy of being Elite.

Cutler would be the better arm + system with our receiving core, however, behind this OLine, Cutler will die.

Kaep at least can move around and survive behind the Oline for a lil bit, and the threat of he and Ajayi would be rough on defenses. Imagine play fakes of him handing off, the threat of his own run, we could see DVP/Stills runnin free behind the defense.

Honestly, for a year I would take either, but I prefer Kaep. I damn sure rather have Cutler than Matt Moore. If we go Moore + backup bum, we'll be lookin at a top 10 pick again next year at least. :lol:

At this point in time I'd take Kaep over Cutler as the best case. I'd be lying if I said I like Moore at the helm.

^Sadly that's what continues to be overlooked. Matt having never had a season's start under center. I strongly believe that a team can rally behind their QB when and if they believe in him and Matt knows this system inside out so the learning curve would be minimal. All in all Gase will have to earn his check's this season for sure and I have a feeling he'll navigate this well.

3NrGXTYw

I said TJ Yates is the backup the other day...

It's actually the powerful Brandon Doughty... you know him, you love him.

Well..... :lol:

Better than Moore at least. But I don't think Cutler survives our OLine. :frown:

Well..... :lol:

Better than Moore at least. But I don't think Cutler survives our OLine. :frown:

Eh... Contrary to belief I think he's tougher than he let on with the Bears. Played all but one game with Gase and those Bears teams have been awful. Not 100% on Cutler.

The thing with Jay, for me, is he hasn't cared in quite a long time. Not about the game or his play other than with Gase. Hopefully he's in decent shape and gives a sh-t. Don't think Gase would put up with him just coming in to collect a pay check any way.

How is Moore any worse than Cutler though? This has to be demoralizing for his confidence when we’ll DEFINITELY eventually need him

How is Moore any worse than Cutler though? This has to be demoralizing for his confidence when we’ll DEFINITELY eventually need him

Agreed. 100+ rating last season, one of the best TD/INT ratios, went to Buffalo and NYJ where #17 hasn't won a game, wins both... what more does he have to do? Instead we recycle a turnover machine.

Oh well, Moore will be starting by week 6.

I actually think Moore starts the season and Cutler is the insurance. Don't really care the price tag (which in reality is $5 million).

With Gase it's: who wins the job? Winner will start, if you suck you'll be cut.

I'm with RJ! I see it as Moore being the starter .. this week in camp will give us a glimpse at least depending on who gets the bulk of the 1st team reps.

I'm not excited and saying that as a positive thing though, not rah rah behind Matt Moore... I think based on playing shape, current position and all Moore will probably be the starter. Moore is a decent and top 2 backup imo. He can win some games... he is not a starter, he is not a leader. He has had a cushy job in Miami for like 8 years... he could have gone anywhere and challenged to be a starter, he's chosen to be a backup.

With that said it eould be hard to see Jay go in and be the day 1 starter with a coach like Gase who breaths competition and earning your spot. All the while money shouldn't complicate who starts either, he is getting $5 mill and calling it... everything else is based of play/wins/and I'm sure other incentives.

Just announced that Cut won't play in preseason debut Thursday but will be the pronounced starter at season's start ................. smh

Back
Top Bottom