Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just looked at the Undefeated's 50 greatest black athletes list: notable NBA storylines

MJ #1, Magic; Steph ahead of Bron, Shaq, Kareem, Bill Russell; Kobe left off but Duncan, Zeke and David Robinson on there.

so why say "in all of sports", for a basketball specific skill.. i'm trying to figure out the statement being made about his athletic ability

usain bolt is significantly taller than the dudes he was competing against.. finding a dude that tall who can turn over at the rate he was is amazing

or look at a WR like calvin johnson who was that big and running a 4.3

and if we're talking tall/big athletes with fluidity, nothing is topping shaq in my opinion.. i doubt we'll ever see a dude like that ever again

If no one has seen anyone like KD or can come close to stopping him, how come he ain't win a ring with Westbrook?

so why say "in all of sports", for a basketball specific skill.. i'm trying to figure out the statement being made about his athletic ability

usain bolt is significantly taller than the dudes he was competing against.. finding a dude that tall who can turn over at the rate he was is amazing

or look at a WR like calvin johnson who was that big and running a 4.3

and if we're talking tall/big athletes with fluidity, nothing is topping shaq in my opinion.. i doubt we'll ever see a dude like that ever again

Ok. None of them are 7 footers. And KD is a totally different specimen from Shaq but they're both freaks

Just looked at the Undefeated's 50 greatest black athletes list: notable NBA storylines

MJ #1, Magic; Steph ahead of Bron, Shaq, Kareem, Bill Russell; Kobe left off but Duncan, Zeke and David Robinson on there.

I was confused by this "best black athletes" cuz the best are black period. Bo Jackson, Deion, Lebron, AI. Whoever you wanna name.

I'd say AD, Wiggins, KD and Oden were definitely more hyped. Remember there were real debates that the Sixers should take Ingram at #1. I'd even argue Fultz was more hyped due to him being a "complete player" and a unanimous #1 pick.

Just because the Sixers are excited about the end of the process and the beginning of the rebuild doesn't make him overhyped. So we have a strong and loyal fanbase. The only reason NT thinks he's overhyped is because he is the center of conversation and center of all the hate here.

I mean people JUST agreed the Odom is a fair comparison but ya'all seem to ignore those pages and focus on selective comments that will fuel your hate. Sure, calling Simmons the next Odom is Overhype :rolleyes

Almost every rookie that was a top pick who missed their rookie season looked much more ready and polished as a 2nd year rookie. Ben will look and play better than how he would've if he never got hurt.

I'm not that high on him though. I'd be absolutely shocked if he put up prime Odom numbers.

Earvin Magic Johnson‏Verified account @magicjohnson 2h
Happy anniversary to my dream team teammates. It's been 25 years since we took home the gold in Barcelona.

DGuKwSOUQAAU2W-.jpg

Ok. None of them are 7 footers. And KD is a totally different specimen from Shaq but they're both freaks

They're all freaks.. but there are a lot of athletes I doubt we see again or are unprecedented

For KD I'd say his athleticism and skill.. cause we've seen tall guys who can shoot.. and we've seen tall guys who are great athletes.. it's the combo that sets him apart

I forgot Odom was 16, 8, 4 his rookie year. He really never maxed out.

They can have have a seat. A Nascar driver? Man stop.

its a sport bruh but u cant tell ninjas nun i see. second those are all great white athletes. u act as if there were never good white players at anything...i see nun wrong with having a great black athletes list.

its a sport bruh but u cant tell ninjas nun i see. second those are all great white athletes. u act as if there were never good white players at anything...i see nun wrong with having a great black athletes list.

It's driving a car.

I never said it ain't good white athletes. John Elway was a great athlete, I said the best ones are black.

its a sport. let me see u get in a car and drive 200 mph right now....do it NINJA. DO IT!!

LOL this ninja named john elway, elway was a great QB not a great athlete and any real fan will tell u that. Brett favre is prolly the name u was looking for,andrew luck, a rodgers.
Are you arguing that Dale was a better athlete than John Elway?

Yes, race car driving is a sport.. but I see that as a primarily skill based sport like shooting, archery, pool/snooker and poker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom