Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Random side note post but how's the ho's n nightlife in Tampa/st Pete ? ...they trying get me to work down there n it's a few real ones in here gon keep it a 100 :lol:

Basketball related ...any pro ams or usf players in the league ?

that's not what I read in the la times. ...
https://www.google.com/amp/www.lati...a-sp-chris-paul-trade-20170628-story,amp.html

Clippers weren't interested in giving him 200 mil.

Those wolves jerseys are awful. Adidas even with the sleeved joints looking much better then where Nike is heading with these unis

Balmer himself said in his interview with Woj that the Clips were concerned, but prepared to give him the full because of how good they think he is.
http://feeds.feedburner.com/VerticalPodcast 6:50 mark on his pod with Ballmer.

The Clippers were for sure going to do it, and the Rockets would have. The reason why they didn't is because the Rockets didn't have Space for a max deal and Chris wanted the Clippers to get something in return. Hence him opting in and not being a FA.

I'm pretty sure Houston promised CP a max deal next summer provided it goes well this year. I'm interested in what happens if it doesn't. Can't imagine that there will be a lot of teams looking to max Chris out next summer, especially if this houston stint is Nash in LAish

DGzGFgHXkAQEfBQ.jpg

On another note, ESPN playoff projections are out:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...otals-standings-every-nba-team-2017-18-season

West:
  1. Warriors
  2. Rockets
  3. Spurs
  4. Wolves (yeah right)
  5. Thunder
  6. Clippers
  7. Nuggets
  8. Jazz
  9. Pels
  10. Blazers
East:
  1. Celtics
  2. Cavs
  3. Wiz
  4. Bucks
  5. Hornets
  6. Raps
  7. Heat
  8. Pistons
  9. Sixers
  10. Magic
I'd personally put the Thunder higher at 4 or even 3 ahead of the spurs (poor offseason) and Wolves between the 6 to 8 spot. I'd also put the Nuggets ahead of the Clippers.
I'd also put the Sixers ahead of the Pistons but that may just be the fan in me. Or maybe it is because Ben is the next LeBron.

Not a believer in Minnesota. 4 is way too high. I'm not as big on the Jimmy Butler train as others, and Teague/Wiggins/Butler is an odd pairing and may take shots away from Karl Towns. They should be a playoff team, but they aren't going from 30 wins to homecourt in the playoffs I don't think.

6 for the Clippers sounds about right.

Nuggets are the new T'Wolves from last year. They should be good this year, and if they make the playoffs 7 sounds / looks about right. No real gripes for me with the west other than the T'Wolves.

I think it's even wilder than ESPN projects that the Cavs and Celtics both are at 49 wins this year and they'll be a top 2 seed :x

Them minny joints look like the replica blank jerseys you'd buy out of the eastbay catalogue for your rec team back in the day

Lmao these Timberwolves jerseys. Sidebar I met a couple of NBA agents today..... These guys lead some crazy litigated lives man.

Everyone's just standing and watching him get his brain beat in. Does everybody in the gym hate that guy with a passion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom