Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
they were up 2-1 based on an insurgence of defense bruh. It was defense. Not their scoring that was the issue. They made it tougher for gsw.

Kyrie and Love were back in the line up in '16 and went down 3-1 easy as hell.

this isnt as complicated as yall make it.

They could maybe convince me to waste time playing My Player if they add a BBB component.

broooo we were over in the 2k thread praying that they add a Lavar type dad to the story. Would be beyond fire. Me & Pops riding this ting til the wheels fall off yurdme

they were up 2-1 based on an insurgence of defense bruh. It was defense. Not their scoring that was the issue. They made it tougher for gsw.

Kyrie and Love were back in the line up in '16 and went down 3-1 easy as hell.

this isnt as complicated as yall make it.

i'm not debating with you homie. i just clearly stated that the best team won both years.

you contradict your own thought process by saying "Kyrie and Love were back in the line up in '16 and went down 3-1 easy as hell." but, with that same lineup, the cavs won the series.

so i am not exactly sure of what point you were trying to make?

for cavs fans to say "we wouldve won if player a,b, or c was healthy in 15" and gsw fans to say "if joe snuffy didnt get hurt, and bub didnt get suspended in 16" etc etc is a waste of time.. both series' are over and the best team won. period

i'm not debating with you homie. i just clearly stated that the best team won both years.

you contradict your own thought process by saying "Kyrie and Love were back in the line up in '16 and went down 3-1 easy as hell." but, with that same lineup, the cavs won the series.

so i am not exactly sure of what point you were trying to make?

for cavs fans to say "we wouldve won if player a,b, or c was healthy in 15" and gsw fans to say "if joe snuffy didnt get hurt, and bub didnt get suspended in 16" etc etc is a waste of time.. both series' are over and the best team won. period

the same lineup for the warriors that went up 3-1 is not the same that lost that series though. Dray was gone in game 5, the game that 90% of the analysts believe GSW was taking. And then Bogut, whom guarded the paint was injured, and Iggy whom spent a lot of time guarding Bron and other wings was hobbled. If all things were held equal, gsw takes that series. GSW choked it away, Cavs didn't take it. Cavs weren't the best team last yr though.

i mean idk if BBB is taking over, their stuff is still wild buns with the early 00's graphic tees n Journey's kicks, but i like that they're getting a buzz fasho. Would be a hella dope success story.

Watching Hardwood Classics, Game 6 of the 98 NBA Finals, and its just crazy how you forget some of the details that end up help shaping the long term narrative. Howard Eisley makes a three and the end of the first half that was clearly in time and the refs waive it off. Then Ron Harper makes a 2 point jump shot in the 3rd quarter that clearly didn't beat the shot clock and the refs counted it. Five point swing in a game that was decided by 2 points. The Jazz very well could've forced a Game 7 if those two plays are called accurately (all other things being equal). I can't help but think if a LeBron led team got these breaks in this day and age social media and some in the actual media would legit try and invalidate the ring.

Side Note: NBATV has been keeping satisfied with their Hardwood Classics this summer :pimp:

Watching Hardwood Classics, Game 6 of the 98 NBA Finals, and its just crazy how you forget some of the details that end up help shaping the long term narrative. Howard Eisley makes a three and the end of the first half that was clearly in time and the refs waive it off. Then Ron Harper makes a 2 point jump shot in the 3rd quarter that clearly didn't beat the shot clock and the refs counted it. Five point swing in a game that was decided by 2 points. The Jazz very well could've forced a Game 7 if those two plays are called accurately (all other things being equal). I can't help but think if a LeBron led team got these breaks in this day and age social media and some in the actual media would legit try and invalidate the ring.

Side Note: NBATV has been keeping satisfied with their Hardwood Classics this summer :pimp:

chill cass
lol

the same lineup for the warriors that went up 3-1 is not the same that lost that series though. Dray was gone in game 5, the game that 90% of the analysts believe GSW was taking. And then Bogut, whom guarded the paint was injured, and Iggy whom spent a lot of time guarding Bron and other wings was hobbled. If all things were held equal, gsw takes that series. GSW choked it away, Cavs didn't take it. Cavs weren't the best team last yr though.

injuries and suspensions are a part of basketball. you put out the team thats available. gsw in 16 had 3 chances to win 1 game...twice at home to prove that they were better. they failed, and the best team at the time won. same as in 15.

who blew it vs. who won it? what does that matter? in the end, gsw got 2 rings and CLE got one. thats how it goes down in the history books. there is no asterisk on any championships.

i get it though, you are a closet gsw fan and your point of view on the subject is expected

There's a reasonable argument that the dubs should've won when they lost and that the Cavs should've lost when they won. Either way you slice it most likely it would be 2-1
no matter how you slice it the most dominant team the past 3 years has been gs

injuries and suspensions are a part of basketball. you put out the team thats available. gsw in 16 had 3 chances to win 1 game...twice at home to prove that they were better. they failed, and the best team at the time won. same as in 15.

who blew it vs. who won it? what does that matter? in the end, gsw got 2 rings and CLE got one. thats how it goes down in the history books. there is no asterisk on any championships.

i get it though, you are a closet gsw fan and your point of view on the subject is expected

I agree with that. I keep it funky when it comes to my views though. All the way 100. Just based on what I saw and what happened, the facts, I just couldn't forecast Cleveland winning in 15 had they had been healthy. I thought about it the whole 16 yr and it was absolutely debatable, UNTIL we saw the rematch and the teams went head to head and a healthy cleveland went in the hole. It was then that I formed the conclusion. I don't think it's bias, over logic.

Not a closet fan :lol: I like golden state. It's no secret. Fun as hell to watch imo. They just aren't my team. I def flucks w/ em doh.

Definitely a difference between players getting injured and players being morons and getting suspended.

funniest thing about all of this...cavs won by a total of 4 points right...if punk *** Harrison Barnes literally just made 2 more shots. just 2! We wouldnt even be having this discussion. All would be forgiven, the suspension, the snitching, iggy hurt, bogut hurt, yada yada. All dude literally had to do was go 7 of 35 instead of 5 of 35. I just really want to make sure that he gets sufficient blame.

:rofl:

funniest thing about all of this...cavs won by a total of 4 points right...if punk *** Harrison Barnes literally just made 2 more shots. just 2! We wouldnt even be having this discussion. All would be forgiven, the suspension, the snitching, iggy hurt, bogut hurt, yada yada. All dude literally had to do was go 7 of 35 instead of 5 of 35. I just really want to make sure that he gets sufficient blame.

Steph curry was a giant turd as well

You can go down the line with the "If's".

The biggest one is Kyrie was out 5 games in 2015 and it still went 6 games. The one game he played, he was great. Then he came back and embarrassed Steph in 2016.

"If KD was a College Football team he'd leave the Conference and join the Sunbelt so he could win every game 72-3"
-Barry Trammel

I agree with that. I keep it funky when it comes to my views though. All the way 100. Just based on what I saw and what happened, the facts, I just couldn't forecast Cleveland winning in 15 had they had been healthy. I thought about it the whole 16 yr and it was absolutely debatable, UNTIL we saw the rematch and the teams went head to head and a healthy cleveland went in the hole. It was then that I formed the conclusion. I don't think it's bias, over logic.

Not a closet fan :lol: I like golden state. It's no secret. Fun as hell to watch imo. They just aren't my team. I def flucks w/ em doh.

respect OG

as a clippers fan, i still enjoy gsw's brand of basketball. its the way the game should be played. my stance on the subject comes from a standpoint of...no excuses. play with the players you have. win if you are the best an lose if you arent.

basketball history is filled with "ifs"...

if isaiah thomas doesnt throw the ball to larry bird in 88, maybe the pistons are 3x champs instead of 2
if scottie doesnt get a migraine in game 7 of the ECF in 90, maybe the bulls are 7x champs instead of 6x

one play or 2 here and there and basketball history could be re-written

etc etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom