Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing wrong with Carmelo. He just hasn't been a legit first option in years, there's nothing wrong with that

No reason he couldn't acclimate to a lesser role

Ego might be the only reason I can think of. Kind of like Iverson.

I wonder if openly complaining about Philly turned gm's off.

I certainly thought someone would try to run up the cost

I personally think it had a lot to do with his agent, but also with Noel thinking he is worth nothing less than the Max.

If that's the case, he should take a one year contract to prove himself. ain't nothing wrong with that. Actually, can restricted free agents take one year contracts?

I personally think it had a lot to do with his agent, but also with Noel thinking he is worth nothing less than the Max.

If that's the case, he should take a one year contract to prove himself. ain't nothing wrong with that. Actually, can restricted free agents take one year contracts?
Yes, he can sign for the qualifying offer and re-enter free agency next summer as an unrestricted free agent.

As for his current status, there's not many teams with cap space, the market is flooded with bigs, injury concerns and I've read/heard there's off the court issues (can't validate of course).

Where you at wavycrocket wavycrocket ?
IMG_5990.JPG

This Melo **** is nothing new. He's still an elite player, just cant be a #1 option. He's always been in great shape and every summer he looks good.

This summer the marketing for him is next level with the whole hoody theme and all the trade rumors.

Melo ain't always been in great shape. :lol: Even last year he looked funny.

IMG_3369.jpg

Tbh Melo ain't ever been ''fat" or pudgy :lol: I swear just because he got a baby face, ain't cut like Lebron and wears a bunch of pads under his jersey people think he's fat lol

There's nothing wrong with Carmelo. He just hasn't been a legit first option in years, there's nothing wrong with that

No reason he couldn't acclimate to a lesser role

Ego might be the only reason I can think of. Kind of like Iverson.
yall tripping melo still is a elite scorer. Don't let them trash Knicks team cloud y'all vision of what melo still is. Put some more scoring threats around him and watch.

Its crazy how absolutely no team gave Noel a contract. Mavs might be in a better position to get another top 10 pick and draft one of the better available bigs.
It's not that crazy.
That kind of player is dead.
Teams think he's subtraction by addition because it's not Sexy to have a Big, like him.
They want Myles Turner bigs that give you 15 and 7 with 2blks on 50/35/85 shooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom