Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw Kyrie Irving mentioned as the best under the rim finisher of all time... Did Tony Parker not exist? Also cosign the Curry thing. Also Nash. Steve Nash was really not appreciated enough for his scoring ability.

IMG_0600.PNG
Goran Dragic was another dude who was nice under the rim. What's crazy about it, was he rarely used his right hand.

Last edited:
Myrie's assortment of left hand, right hand finishes, impossible angles and flair make it not close for me.

I'm rolling with efficiency over flair here.

Curry has been hovering around 70% the past three seasons while Kyrie has been around 60%. Kyries moves look better but Steph converts way more.

The same goes for Parker. Buckets are buckets regardless of how they look. Over the hill Tony Parker was finishing at an equal or higher rate than Kyrie.

This is like saying Jr Smith is a better three point shooter cause all he does is take fade aways with hands in his face. Flair isn't a quantifiable thing.

I'm pretty sure contested shots are a quantifiable stat. At any rate being able to make higher degree of difficulty shots consistently around the rim the way Kyrie does in my opinion makes him the best I've ever seen. There are plenty of NBA people that echo that sentiment as well. You're allowed to disagree.

Kyrie sometimes makes his layups more difficult than they have to be, but it's amazing to watch nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure contested shots are a quantifiable stat. At any rate being able to make higher degree of difficulty shots consistently around the rim the way Kyrie does in my opinion makes him the best I've ever seen. There are plenty of NBA people that echo that sentiment as well. You're allowed to disagree.

Do you consider Mike Conley the 2nd best under the rim finisher? Everything you described you can make a case that Conley does it as good or better than Myrie

I'm rolling with efficiency over flair here.

Curry has been hovering around 70% the past three seasons while Kyrie has been around 60%. Kyries moves look better but Steph converts way more.

The same goes for Parker. Buckets are buckets regardless of how they look. Over the hill Tony Parker was finishing at an equal or higher rate than Kyrie.
That all sounds good but they don't finish better than him with somebody contesting the shot. Whether it's the flashiness or with a defender right there Kyrie is better than them.

Do you consider Mike Conley the 2nd best under the rim finisher? Everything you described you can make a case that Conley does it as good or better than Myrie

Where's Mike Lowry's montage that's anywhere close to this?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom