Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lakers have leverage but you act like the Pacers will just have to take whatever you guys offer for him

What does that have to do with IND sending him to CLE?

I mean if he was a true competitor, he should tell them, "Don't send me to CLE."

Just using the internet's logic here......
Didn't he already basically do that by saying he wanted to go to the Lakers?  I dont follow your point.

Lakers have leverage but you act like the Pacers will just have to take whatever you guys offer for him
The Pacers are definitely going to get assets, but you are acting like they have to give them multiple picks and multiple young players like his trade value is still at an all-time high.

well yeah, we do have leverage, Pacers are free to take whatever is on the market, but for some reason they aren't finding it :nerd:
and if we lose out to PG...it's not like it's the end of the world.

That isn't the same thing as saying DO NOT send me to CLE.
So saying "I only want to play for X team" is not the same as saying dont send me to cleveland?  What the **** are you talking about.  He is literally saying send me to one team and not the other 29.

well yeah, we do have leverage, Pacers are free to take whatever is on the market, but for some reason they aren't finding it :nerd:
and if we lose out to PG...it's not like it's the end of the world.

Right. They talked to every other team before dealing with the Lakers so what does that tell you

You saying they are in position to demand anything from the Lakers is patently false. PG killed whatever chance they had of that with any team in the NBA but especially the Lakers since he explicitly says he prefers here.

Didn't expect the Knicks to consider trading Porzingis this offseason. If I was a Knicks fan id be livid

900x900px-_LL-317d8922_image.jpg

avy/sig check

Nope. Because he wants to play for the Lakers.
What does that have to do with IND sending him to CLE?

I mean if he was a true competitor, he should tell them, "Don't send me to CLE."

Just using the internet's logic here......

No you're not. Just trying to play advocate.

He made it CLEAR he wants to play for the Lakers.

What management does otherwise has nothing to do with where he wants to go.

But...they sort of do 
laugh.gif

It's the same as the Carmelo situation in Denver.

Sure there might be better deals out there...but when you have a player that's an impending UFA and he's demanding to go to one team and one team only...NOBODY is going to give up assets for a player who won't commit. So the team is FORCED to negotiate with the team that player wants to go to. The only alternative is forcing him to play the year out and watch him walk without getting anything back. 

DJ has to be one of the more underrated and hated stars ive ever seen play, 100% srs.

dude is consistent and reliable, probably the best center in the past 2-3 years.....the best "true center" atleast.
He is very consistent at what he does.

But if you can't score with your back to the basket, you can't be called a true center.

But I love what he brings.

DJ has to be one of the more underrated and hated stars ive ever seen play, 100% srs.

dude is consistent and reliable, probably the best center in the past 2-3 years.....the best "true center" atleast.
He is very consistent at what he does.

But if you can't score with your back to the basket, you can't be called a true center.

But I love what he brings.

Do YOU consider Rudy Gobert a TRUE center?

Do YOU consider Rudy Gobert a TRUE center?
EYE wouldn't consider anyone a TRUE center if they don't have a CONSISTENT/FEARED back to the basket game.

A "true center" gets buckets. They don't just set screens, roll to the basket, reb, and swat shots.

Rudy Gobert is a great talent though

But...they sort of do :lol:

Sure there might be better deals out there...but when you have a player that's an impending UFA and he's demanding to go to one team and one team only...NOBODY is going to give up assets for a player who won't commit. So the team is FORCED to negotiate with the team that player wants to go to. The only alternative is forcing him to play the year out and watch him walk without getting anything back. 

The nets and Melo forced the knicks hand. The package they traded Deron Williams for was offered to the nuggets.

But...they sort of do :lol:

Yeah but Denver ended up playing the long game and fleecing the Knicks who got nervous. Who's to say Magic won't panic and do the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom