Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul George and the Pacers won 41 games last year in the east,

but with Brook Lopez, Lonzo Ball, and Brandon Ingram they're going to be a PLAYOFF team easily and win AT LEAST 45 games.

Man

laugh.gif
Okay....so let's get real.

IF the Lakers acquire PG13 before the start of the season AND if they keep Lopez, don't trade the #2 pick, and they end up drafting Ball, Fox, Jackson, or Isaac.....

Are you willing to bet me $1000 that the Lakers won't make the playoffs like you're claiming? $1000 says they make the playoffs if the above three conditions come to fruition.

Last edited:

Okay....so let's get real.

IF the Lakers acquire PG13 before the start of the season AND if they keep Lozpez, don't trade the #2 pick, and they end up drafting Ball, Fox, Jackson, or Isaac.....

Are you willing to bet me $1000 that the Lakers won't make the playoffs like you're claiming? $1000 says they make the playoffs if the above two conditions come to fruition.
nerd.gif

I don't think there's a real Laker fan who actually believes that the Lakers are going to make one of the biggest turnarounds in league history, and go from 26 wins to 45, 46 wins in one season on the heels of Ingram, Paul George, and Brook Lopez.

45 games will likely result in a playoff birth. I think that's a bit ambitious. I'd say closer to 40. 

Lakers ain't doing **** this year. Team going back to the lotto again. So much delusion in that fanbase.

Even with Paul George y'all will suck. Hope the lakers never win more than 30 games until the end of time.

Last edited:
I'd bet a cool 200 on the Lakers not making the playoffs on those stipulations though. For sure.

I'm open to anyone who trying to bet the 200 on the Lakers making the playoffs behind Ingram, Ball, Lopez, and George.

We'll have to see how much turnover happens in the West. Denver and the Clippers could be losing big pieces, nobody knows what Dallas is doing really and the Boogie/AD experiment wasn't too good to start. Minny could take a step up but they didn't really do too much better from last season. 

I'm open to anyone who trying to bet the 200 on the Lakers making the playoffs behind Ingram, Ball, Lopez, and George.

Wait....you are saying if someone wants to bet THAT the Lakers make the playoffs, and you bet they dont? Or the other way around?

Last edited:

I don't think there's a real Laker fan who actually believes that the Lakers are going to make one of the biggest turnarounds in league history, and go from 26 wins to 45, 46 wins in one season on the heels of Ingram, Paul George, and Brook Lopez.
The West in 2017-18 will be weaker than you think. This year's boring playoffs proved that. GSW is the only team that won't have any question marks coming into the season.

MEM won't be as good as they've been

MIN is still MIN

LAC are still the Clippers lol

POR is garbage

UTAH might lose their best player and their starting point guard

NO is garbage and they will lose their starting point guard

OKC is all Westbrook and we know that's only good for a first round loss

SA is still SA and they'll be in the playoffs regardless

PHX won't be better than LAL 

DAL is mediocre

HOU is all Harden and not a big threat whatsoever

Lakers, with PG, Ingram, Ball/Fox/Jackson/Isaac, Lopez, Zubac, Clarkson or Randle...will undoubtedly be good enough to make the playoffs and have wins in the mid 40's

Last edited:
Lakers magically gonna go from being trash to rattling off 40 wins. Howling at saying the clippers are still the clippers like they aint been running LA for a minute.

The West is weaker than you think. GSW is the only team that won't have any question marks coming into the season.

MEM won't be as good as they've been

MIN is still MIN

LAC are still the Clippers lol

POR is garbage

UTAH might lose their best player and their starting point guard

NO is garbage and they will lose their starting point guard

OKC is all Westbrook and we know that's only good for a first round loss

SA is still SA and they'll be in the playoffs regardless

PHX won't be better than LAL 

DAL is mediocre

HOU is all Harden and not a big threat whatsoever

Lakers, with PG, Ingram, Ball/Fox/Jackson/Isaac, Lopez, Zubac, Clarkson or Randle...will undoubtedly be good enough to make the playoffs and have wins in the mid 40's
Assuming that teams like Utah, LAC, etc. keep their main players

There's NO WAY that Laker team you presented is better than Portland, Clippers, Utah, OKC, NO, SAS, Houston, Minnesota, Memphis, Denver,

With minimal roster turnover from the aforementioned teams, the Lakers are not CLOSE to 45 wins and a playoff berth bro.

You really believe this too

Lakers magically gonna go from being trash to rattling off 40 wins. Howling at saying the clippers are still the clippers like they aint been running LA for a minute.
Didn't know running LA was compiled of second round exits and chokes
Might as well say the seat is vacant for now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom