Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this mean Kobe and Shaq led a team whose third leading scorer was Rick fox to a threepeat during the tim Duncan era?

Out of curiosity I looked it up. In the playoffs in their first win against the suns, Stephen Jackson outscored Duncan. In their next win Jackson Parker Manu and Malik rose all outscored Duncan who had 11 points. In their 3rd win Malik rose outscored him. Parker and Jackson outscored him in the clincher. They lost every game where he was their leading scorer.

Did it by himself tho

my dawg :smokin.

It's highly debatable. Tim never won b2b. He was fortunate to have a stable organization and ownership and coach. That not surprisingly hasn't missed a beat since he left.

Kobe also won 3 rings being the 2nd fiddle to another top 5-10 player of all time. I'm not hearing it. Kobe played with a guy that's arguably better than him...and an organization that has almost half the rings in NBA history...as well as a coach who has more rings than his hand can fit.

You can't argue stability of organization here man. Nope :lol:.

30 point season on deck
IMG_0057.PNG

preventative measure or he was feeling pain?

Either way, cause for concern considering his mins were managed extremely well by Donovan.

This is the closest any guy has come to "carrying" his team to the finish line. Led them in points rebounds assists blocks & FG% during that run. No current all stars on the team. Focal point for the team on BOTH ends of the floor.

People bring up someone like Dirk in '11 when his only job was to get buckets :lol: which he didn't even do particularly well in that finals.

Not only did he not win b2b he only made it to consecutive finals once in his entire career and none was in his prime.

Kobe also won 3 rings being the 2nd fiddle to another top 5-10 player of all time. I'm not hearing it. Kobe played with a guy that's arguably better than him...and an organization that has almost half the rings in NBA history...as well as a coach who has more rings than his hand can fit.

You can't argue stability of organization here man. Nope :lol:.

So you Just going to ignore 2009 & 2010? 2nd fiddle. Outside of 2000 that's a farce.

preventative measure or he was feeling pain?

Either way, cause for concern considering his mins were managed extremely well by Donovan.

This is the closest any guy has come to "carrying" his team to the finish line. Led them in points rebounds assists blocks & FG% during that run. No current all stars on the team. Focal point for the team on BOTH ends of the floor.

People bring up someone like Dirk in '11 when his only job was to get buckets :lol: which he didn't even do particularly well in that finals.

Nope. No Dirk slander. His percentages fell but you knew what was going to happen in the 4th of every game in the finals: a Dirk bucket.

This is the closest any guy has come to "carrying" his team to the finish line.

Just eyeballing boxscores and it looks like the Spurs lost the majority of their games where Duncan was the leading scorer and the majority of their wins came when he wasn't

Carried the team tho

Best player post MJ when he wasn't even the best big man in his own conference while Shaq was on the Lakers.

Olajuwon in 93. Rick Barry's was crazy, his second leading scorer averaged like 12 a game.

Winning back2back means something. It shows focus and greatness. Spurs run was great but they couldn't get it done. Again Duncan retired and nobody cared except a few NTers. Kobe's impact on the league is bigger than his. All these dudes look at Kobe like the Sensei.

Not only did he not win b2b he only made it to consecutive finals once in his entire career and none was in his prime.
Never understood the hang up with this
Nope. No Dirk slander. His percentages fell but you knew what was going to happen in the 4th of every game in the finals: a Dirk bucket.
One of the most entertaining runs all things considered.

When they let Brandon Roy get off I 100% thought they'd flame out again :lol: then sweep the defending champ Lakers, beat up on OKC in 5, then that ultimate upset in the finals. Wild. I don't think any run has entertained me more. That 48 points on 15 shots that he gave Serge in conf finals was one of the most dominant performances in recent memory.

So....Allen Iverson > D Wade because "impact"

Y'all gotta stop it. At worst...Duncan is considered a top 10 player.

Perimeter bias is SKRONG. You Lakers fans should know this. Y'all should feel some type of way everytime Kareem is disrespected. Or Shaq is .

Y'all ***** just love y'all some KOBE. That's all :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom