Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tim Duncan missing that layup and outback had me SICK.

That was the final nail in the coffin for the Spurs title hopes that year.

They couldn't make a shot right after the Allen 3.

Couldn't get it done in overtime.

Game 7, it went down to the wire, but they couldn't finish the Heat off.

The context and narrative helps the Dirk run. He basically went through everyone there was to go through to win that chip. Like twelve HoF guys

It's just funny style that in the decade when they were all in their primes and peaks that Duncan with the least amount of adversity gets to 3 finals, none in consecutive appearances. Kobe and Shaq dominate him at the beginning. Shaq leaves and goes East, Tim gets 2 in 05 and 07. Kobe gets another big man who's not near Shaq's level of dominance and viola Tim is shut out at the end of the decade like he was at the beginning losing to Kobe again in the process.

Never understood the hang up with this
One of the most entertaining runs all things considered.

When they let Brandon Roy get off I 100% thought they'd flame out again :lol: then sweep the defending champ Lakers, beat up on OKC in 5, then that ultimate upset in the finals. Wild. I don't think any run has entertained me more. That 48 points on 15 shots that he gave Serge in conf finals was one of the most dominant performances in recent memory.

Dirk God was still at 26/10 in the finals.

Dashiki Dirk >>>>

Shane locked him down... Twice Lol

So....Allen Iverson > D Wade because "impact"

Y'all gotta stop it. At worst...Duncan is considered a top 10 player.

Perimeter bias is SKRONG. You Lakers fans should know this. Y'all should feel some type of way everytime Kareem is disrespected. Or Shaq is .

Y'all ***** just love y'all some KOBE. That's all :lol:

Do AI got 5 of them thangs?

Kareem is a goat. I wanna pull up every time people just act like MJ is by far the goat over Kareem and Magic.

Just going off what was reported Jemele. Not rabbit holing with you today.

Nothing about arguing, that just doesn't make sense.

Someone has an injury, they get a procedure.

Years later, procedure is done again, but we call it "preventive?"

Nah, the procedure was done since there was a previous injury. After something happens ONCE, you can no long use a procedure as "preventive" measures.

That is just LOGIC

Never understood the hang up with this
One of the most entertaining runs all things considered.

When they let Brandon Roy get off I 100% thought they'd flame out again :lol: then sweep the defending champ Lakers, beat up on OKC in 5, then that ultimate upset in the finals. Wild. I don't think any run has entertained me more. That 48 points on 15 shots that he gave Serge in conf finals was one of the most dominant performances in recent memory.

THE most entertaining run in my sports memory, and most shocking championship victory in my lifetime in the NBA. People forget that Portland was picked by most experts (though it was close) to upset Dallas in Round 1. This was a squad of Dirk and a bunch of washed up vets.

Also it was a dream squad of old dudes who came close to winning a ring before and got their hearts broken. Peja. Sean Marion. Jason Kidd.

Amazing, man.

I really thought the Lakers were going to repeat again that year.

How is Shaq underrated? He's called the most dominate force ever by damn near everybody. Ain't like it's a crime to think Magic and Kobe are greater Lakers than Kareem and Shaq. :lol: Ain't no big gap between those dudes.

Eh I'd say that Kareem, at least, is eternally disrespected for his place in the game. And that he's the clear #1 of that group but I've heard Magic + Kobe named as the greatest Laker more often. IDK.

Eh I'd say that Kareem, at least, is eternally disrespected for his place in the game. And that he's the clear #1 of that group but I've heard Magic + Kobe named as the greatest Laker more often. IDK.
Kareem is underrated by people that weren't alive to see him.

Just like any other pro athlete in the history of athletics.

Magic and Kobe both had better careers as lakers. Not really sure how that's disrespecting Kareem.

Kobe > Duncan

Kobe and his lakers shidded on Duncan in an epic 4 game sweep and the next year in 5.

Kobe finished up 4-2 in the playoffs head to head against the Spurs.

AI didn't play with Bron and Wade didn't have to go up against Prime shaq and a young Kobe

I swear, after all these years, whenever I see your name I still think of

stepp_041014_188.jpg

Last time Lakers and Spurs played in the playoffs.

Kobe 29.2, 53%, 90%, 5.6, 3.8

Duncan 22.4, 42%, 59%, 17.4, 4.8

Gentlemen's sweep for showtime.
wasnt the last time the spurs swept us out the playoffs kobe was out and timmy d with the infamous laugh at dwight howard?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom