Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sports fans are so illogical and irrational 
laugh.gif

Instead of being excited about the Sixers future and the "process" of what's to come...you're putting unreasonable expectations on them when that "process" is still ongoing. They're still kids and will have to take their lumps. Maybe they can make the playoffs next season...but acting like they're supposed to and acting like it's crazy if someone believes they wont is ridiculous. 

.......and Minny with Butler.......
laugh.gif

I think they got worse.
I won't say they got worse...but they didn't tremendously get better at all. Jimmy Butler is also as good as he's going to get going on 28. Realistically, there's not another level for him to ascend to where HE makes them contenders. So in 2 years when he's 30 and the T-Wolves are a 5-8 seed...what was the point? 
laugh.gif

I feel like this trade just simply gets them to the playoffs...as a low seed. 

Last edited:
......and the bottom of the EAST, yea man it's also worstererer

Miami probably jumps 3-4 spots if they don't try to sneak-tank like they did last year, holding out healthy guys and what not...

but look man......Indy, wrapped, Chicago, real wrapped....like, who is going to take those spots?

Dwights Charlotte maybe?
[table][tr][/tr][tr][td]7x -Indiana Pacers[/td][td]42[/td][td]40[/td][td].512[/td][td]11[/td][td]29-12[/td][td]13-28[/td][td]8-8[/td][td]26-26[/td][td]105.1[/td][td]105.3[/td][td]-0.2[/td][td]W5[/td][td]6-4[/td][/tr][tr][td]8x -Chicago Bulls[/td][td]41[/td][td]41[/td][td].500[/td][td]12[/td][td]25-16[/td][td]16-25[/td][td]9-7[/td][td]28-24[/td][td]102.9[/td][td]102.4[/td][td]+0.4[/td][td]W2[/td][td]7-3[/td][/tr][tr][td]e -Miami Heat[/td][td]41[/td][td]41[/td][td].500[/td][td]12[/td][td]23-18[/td][td]18-23[/td][td]9-7[/td][td]27-25[/td][td]103.2[/td][td]102.1[/td][td]+1.1[/td][td]W3[/td][td]6-4[/td][/tr][tr][td]e -Detroit Pistons[/td][td]37[/td][td]45[/td][td].451[/td][td]16[/td][td]24-17[/td][td]13-28[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]21-31[/td][td]101.3[/td][td]102.5[/td][td]-1.1[/td][td]L2[/td][td]3-7[/td][/tr][tr][td]e -Charlotte Hornets[/td][td]36[/td][td]46[/td][td].439[/td][td]17[/td][td]22-19[/td][td]14-27[/td][td]10-6[/td][td]22-30[/td][td]104.9[/td][td]104.7[/td][td]+0.2[/td][td]L5[/td][td]4-6[/td][/tr][tr][td]e -New York Knicks[/td][td]31[/td][td]51[/td][td].378[/td][td]22[/td][td]19-22[/td][td]12-29[/td][td]5-11[/td][td]22-30[/td][td]104.3[/td][td]108.0[/td][td]-3.7[/td][td]W1[/td][td]4-6[/td][/tr][tr][td]e -Orlando Magic[/td][td]29[/td][td]53[/td][td].354[/td][td]24[/td][td]16-25[/td][td]13-28[/td][td]7-9[/td][td]20-32[/td][td]101.1[/td][td]107.6[/td][td]-6.6[/td][td]W1[/td][td]3-7[/td][/tr][tr][td]e -Philadelphia 76ers[/td][td]28[/td][td]54[/td][td].341[/td][td]25[/td][td]17-24[/td][td]11-30[/td][td]7-9[/td][td]19-33[/td][td]102.4[/td][td]108.1[/td][td]-5.7[/td][td]L8[/td][td]1-9[/td][/tr][tr][td]e -Brooklyn Nets[/td][td]20[/td][td]62[/td][td].244[/td][td]33
 [/td][/tr][/table]

**** reminds me of last years thread when people were saying 50 wins for NYK wasn't insane. You know who you are, KNICKS fans. D Rose was supposed to bounce back, right? Jaokhim was a good deal consider the current environment.

Everyone relax. Fun to shoot the **** and make stuff up in here (what else are we supposed to do), but some of you believe in stuff you are saying

Knicks should have been better. Rose wasn't that bad. he wasn't great but Knicks SHOULDNT have been that bad, period

t-wolves gave up lavine who was a terrible defender and kriss dunn who gave them nothing 

they definitely got better 

we making the playoffs next season for sure 
pimp.gif
 RT me Carver! 

Minnesota, which acquired All-Star Jimmy Butler in a draft-night deal, opened as a -260 favorite to make the postseason (bet $100 to win $38.46), and +220 to miss (bet $100 to win $220). The Timberwolves went 31-51 in a disappointing first-year campaign under coach Tom Thibodeau and have the NBA's longest playoff drought, having last made the postseason in 2003-04.

where can I make bets? I have them missing the playoffs . ill throw $200 on that

if embiid couldnt stay on the court with minute restrictions, what makes anyone optimistic that he can stay on the court without minute restrictions? although i believe simmons will be ok. he has to prove he can stay healthy as well.

OAN

i remember a good portion of NTers predicted OKC wouldnt make the playoffs. when i said they'd win 41-45 games, i was trippin'

Last edited:
I don't think Thibs can Coach in this League anymore.

Having Butler helps make HIM, look better, because Butler will side with him....but his style is ancient,this is the 3ball era, Kat is their best 3pt guy probably....and because those kids either can't or won't play Defense

Hot. Real HOT

So you read that entire post and the only thing you got out of it was the win total? Nevermind the word if directly in front of that number

Ask any Sixer fan that actually watches their games. This team has a clear identity under Brett Brown.

There's also no way we can possibly make 100% sure that Embiid and every other player on our team remain healthy and never get hurt. Every player on every team could get hurt at any moment. Embiid blew by a dude from the three point line and threw down a dunk and just came down on his leg awkwardly. There was no way to prevent that from happening. It could happen to anybody no matter the circumstance.

I'll also say that although they haven't played together yet Fultz, Embiid, Simmons and Dario's playing styles all fit together perfectly and so do Covington, TLC, Furkan and Holmes as role players. It's hard to see any of them really clashing and none of these guys have egos. We also have a clear leader in Embiid even when he's not in the game and just there for the guys from the bench.

I also didn't say it's crazy for someone to not believe in them as a playoff team, but to say losing 4 more games than last year this season would be a successful year as long as nobody gets hurt is ridiculous. In an Eastern Conference that's probably going to be even weaker than last year with Butler gone, PG probably gone from the Pacers, the Hawks whole starting frontcourt gone and Lowry probably gone Simmons and Fultz would have to have pretty terrible years in order for them to lose 4 more games than last year if they and Embiid stay healthy.

Last edited:
......and the bottom of the EAST, yea man it's also worstererer

Miami probably jumps 3-4 spots if they don't try to sneak-tank like they did last year, holding out healthy guys and what not...

but look man......Indy, wrapped, Chicago, real wrapped....like, who is going to take those spots?

Dwights Charlotte maybe?

Hornets and Heat could easily take those spots.

6ers got some great young talent but they're expecting 2 rookies to ball out (Simmons and Fultz) and Embiid is gonna stay healthy when he hasn't even played half a season yet. Slow down.

Last edited:
On Saturday afternoon, the Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook opened the Lakers' odds to make next year's postseason, putting the "no" at -700 and the "yes" at +500. That means a $100 wager on Los Angeles to miss the postseason would win $14.29; a $100 wager on L.A. to make the postseason would win $500.

but Vegas don't know a thing. :stoneface:

Hornets 6th
Heat 7th
Pistons 8th** - if Indy trades PG

Hawks out
Bulls out
Indy out**

Last edited:
so based on Vegas, Conor has a better chance at beating Mayweather than the Lakers do making the playoffs.

Hornets 6th
Heat 7th
Pistons 8th** - if Indy trades PG

Hawks out
Bulls out
Indy out**

I would say pistons would be a lock but since they somehow got worse last season after plying pretty solid the year before, I bet they get even worse this season

new arena downtown won't change nothing. I will try and go opening night but unless they put a better product out and actually play defense especially Drummond. I bet Pistons end up 2nd to last place in the east

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom