Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dubs can pay him whatever he wants. That's why Durant is waiting to resign.

So far the winner in this years free agency is Jrue Holiday and the loser is Shaun Livingston

Ok didn't realize that about iggy. I think he stays and was using the rockets for leverage.

So if/when Boston strikes out on Hayward what then? Extend it and Bradley? Or trade them for more late picks?

This article brings the lulz :lol:

Danny Ainge finally gets his man as Celtics sign German All-Star Daniel Theis

By Jack Maloney 30m ago • 1 min read

After lording his treasure trove of assets over the entire league for months and months, Boston general manger Danny Ainge has faced criticism for failing to make a deal, as Jimmy Butler got shipped to Minnesota, nothing materialized with Kristaps Porzingis, and late Friday night, the Pacers sent Paul George to Oklahoma City.

Fair or not, there's no debating the fact that the Celtics' grand plans for this summer have not come to fruition. Yet just when people had started to sour on Ainge, and began to count him out, he swooped in and got his man. Early on Saturday afternoon, barely 12 hours into free agency, the Celtics made their move, signing a four-time All-Star and three-time champion, Daniel Theis.

The 25-year-old German forward has had a brilliant start to his career over in the Basketball Bundesliga. In 2014 he was named Best Young Player in the BBL while playing for ratiopharm Ulm, and has gone on to win three German titles with Brose Bamberg. He's been an All-Star in each of the past four seasons, and helped his side to a 10th place finish in the EuroLeague last season.

For all of the haters and doubters claiming Ainge would never get a star, what do you have to say to this? Not much, huh? Exactly what I thought. Not only has Ainge secured an All-Star, but he's done so without even having to cash in any of his assets.

Take that for data.

Draft Jaylen brown, sign Gerald green to take his minutes. Draft taytum, sign theis to take all his minutes. W t f :lol:

After the way Riley treated Wade, I like my chances :lol:

You mean letting an aging superstar walk for the good of the franchise?

Ainge is incompetent, good luck.

Wade would've gotten you into the Playoffs tho :wink:

63448985.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom