Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still dont know how 3 ball dominant players are gonna work. Hopefully Olympic Melo comes to life and hopefully there wont be 97 free throws or flops for the season.

I'd like to think at 33, Melo is going to try to change his stripes for H Tine.

He's going to be so wide open in their offense, he won't need to jab step, massage the ball, jab step again. At least as much

I'd also like to add how narrow sighted Thibs was with his moves.

Have you ever heard of a coach/ GM who just took his guys from previous teams hoping it will work out?

The only examples I can think of are:
Phil Jackson hiring "people" for the coaching position
Doc Rivers bringing in washed players

I can't think of anyone else, but the strategy does not seem sound. Spacing was a clear pain for the team but he value bringing his former players rather than players that will fit best. I don't know, maybe I am overthinking this.

Still dont know how 3 ball dominant players are gonna work. Hopefully Olympic Melo comes to life and hopefully there wont be 97 free throws or flops for the season.

When has this narrative actually been correct? I feel like it's been said so much that people have convinced themselves it's true.

Laker fans:
- We are landing Russel Westbrook :pimp:
- We are landing Paul George :smokin
- We are landing LeBron James :nthat:

Proceeds to land KCP

giphy.gif

At least they're happy :lol:

One thing I'd like to note is that the better the Lakers get, the better Colangelo looks for trading that pick for Fultz. The better the Lakers are getting, the lower the value of that pick. Danny still got his guy with Tatum so it's a win all around.

The West is going to be crazy next year with the Wolves new team, CP3, Harden and Melo, Westbrook and PG, even Beverley, Lou, Gallo, Blake and DJ should be interesting. And the Nuggets should be a pretty good team as well. I'm looking forward to seeing what that Kings team does too. I like all the moves they've made.

1. GS
2. HOU
3. SA
4. OKC
5. DEN
6. MIN
7. LAC
8. POR
9. NO
10. MEM
11. LAL
12. SAC
13. UTA
14. DAL
15. PHX

Laker fans:
- We are landing Russel Westbrook :pimp:
- We are landing Paul George :smokin
- We are landing LeBron James :nthat:

Proceeds to land KCP
At least they're happy :lol:

One thing I'd like to note is that the better the Lakers get, the better Colangelo looks for trading that pick for Fultz. The better the Lakers are getting, the lower the value of that pick. Danny still got his guy with Tatum so it's a win all around.

Added to the list

Him forcing a trade there in the first place & their record with him out there says otherwise.

They were a playoff team the first 3 years and got better each year. Not his fault Amare was made of glass. Melo was the only player in the league not named Tim Duncan to make the playoffs every year of his career. Phil comes and destroys that all in a single swipe. 90+ players in his tenure there. But yeah, he's supposed to have a winning record with JR his 2nd best player, meanwhile we have "MVPs" that are on teams with winning records without them. **** is annoying AF

They were a playoff team the first 3 years and got better each year. Not his fault Amare was made of glass. Melo was the only player in the league not named Tim Duncan to make the playoffs every year of his career. Phil comes and destroys that all in a single swipe. 90+ players in his tenure there. But yeah, he's supposed to have a winning record with JR his 2nd best player, meanwhile we have "MVPs" that are on teams with winning records without them. **** is annoying AF

Sounds like excuses and completely absolves him of putting himself in that position to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom