Official 2017 NBA Offseason Thread: Media Days begin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Letting go a highly touted coach and GM in David Blatt & David Griffin, and replacing them with former players seems to me like a system where Gilbert has a bad rep with other coaches and executives in the league, and big name former players looking for opportunities are his only option.

Last edited:
Letting go a highly touted coach and GM in David Blatt & David Griffin, and replacing them with former players seems to me like a system where Gilbert has a bad rep with other coaches and executives in the league, and big names former players looking for opportunities are his only option.

Dude is most likely trying to cut costs after going over the luxury tax the last few seasons

Who'd be cheaper than former players trying to break into front office/coaching work?

Last edited:
Letting go a highly touted coach and GM in David Blatt & David Griffin, and replacing them with former players seems to me like a system where Gilbert has a bad rep with other coaches and executives in the league, and big name former players looking for opportunities are his only option.
Well to be fair to Gilbert/Griffin, the players did not like Blatt and weren't going to rally around him. Guess the culture difference was too much to overcome.

Y'all thought Gilbert was a competent owner ever since he released that Comic Sans letter? Dude is as big of a joke as that font.

Howard Beck‏Verified account

@HowardBeck

2m2 minutes ago

Source: LeBron is "disappointed" at Griffin's departure, as well as the timing, & "concerned" abt what this portends for Cavs going forward.

Worth noting: LeBron and Griffin had a solid working relationship. James appreciated that Griffin made the moves necessary to win.

VbvjcQp6cYYYE.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom