Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Damn what a KO, that was brutal.
At least porter isn’t some running from competition like Thurman, crawford, etc

Hope Rios calls it quits. He's already got the boxers slur.
Had a good career, especially at LW, but we saw against Bradley that "Bam Bam" didn't have much to offer the top-flight competition at 147. In the promos leading up, Showtime was selling the reunion with Robert Garcia and Rios' epiphany while watching a random fight with his wife, but none of it was believable.

A fighter that will always be inextricably linked to Brandon Rios, Mikey Alvarado, should also hang up the gloves after he cashes out one last time against Manny.

Shawn Porter hyped up bum *** lol
What you have against Porter?

He's gamely fought the best WW competition: Thurman, Brook, Broner, Berto, Alexander, Paulie.

Porter is a tough out for anybody because of his unique style. Likes to get inside with dirty boxing and overall just a tough customer who brings it every bout.

I’m no expert like you guys. But just watching his fights. He just crowds you a throws a bunch of wild punches. Anybody that keeps him up off of them going to win every time because that’s the only way he knows how to fight. He can’t adjust. Just from what I’ve seen.

It’s guys way way more skilled at 147 IMO.bGuess it’s easier to just say I’m not a fan of his style.

...He just crowds you a throws a bunch of wild punches. Anybody that keeps him up off of them going to win every time because that’s the only way he knows how to fight. He can’t adjust. Just from what I’ve seen.

It’s guys way way more skilled at 147 IMO.bGuess it’s easier to just say I’m not a fan of his style.
I can appreciate your response. Porter is very good at what he does and it's easier said than done to combat his awkward style even knowing his game plan prior. I will admit "Showtime" has shown some difficulty adapting against guys like Kell Brook.

Point taken that Porter's style isn't aesthetically pleasing for most boxing fans. What gets my respect is his relentlessness and tenacity aggressively coming forward. Porter essentially pressure fights for all 12 rounds, his work rate is insane. He's also physically strong and uses that to his advantage like a bully in the ring.

Benavidez is impressive
Sure was, improved leaps and bounds since September. Heck of a way to respond after getting dropped in the last round of their first fight. The right uppercut was open all day and Benavidez was landing it at will. You know he was cooking when he started to drop his guard real low in the later rounds, knew Gavril had nothing for him this go-round.

Both of Benavidez's hands took quite the toll, as we witnessed when he showed Jim Gray post-fight.

Benavidez vs Gavril 2 was the main event!
Helluva fight.
Oz, we gotta give Gavril credit for showing heart but I find it hard to score even one round for him in the rematch. Had opportunities to throw in the towel in R4 and R8. Benavidez was popping him with the stiff jab all night, nearly landed double the amount of punches. Hell of a chin on Gavril though, was game to the end.

Eubank getting a boxing lesson right now
Don't think Eubank Jr. was necessarily fraudulent or exposed, as some may peddle as truth. He battled through adversity with the nasty cut over his right eye, bloodied but still gave his all to force the issue in the final round with Groves' dislocated shoulder. Eubank showed a sturdy chin and heart, but I could only find three, maybe four rounds for him yesterday. Completely wild with his hooks, although a few right hooks landed cleanly. Simply outfoxed by a fighter in Groves who has more top-level experience and general fight IQ. Eubank Jr. will have to consider utilizing a conventional trainer moving forward.

His brother, Sebastian, looked good on the undercard in his pro debut.

Heck of a KO from Danny, Rios' eyes said it all on the way down. Let's be honest though, that was pretty much expected. Thurman beats this guy again, Danny can't do anything on the move. Porter running into the ring reminded me of Lil Mama hopping on stage with Jay-Z and Alicia Keys smh. Get out of the ring bro.

Back
Top Bottom