Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
115-113 SSR. JFE was more accurate and landed cleaner shots, but it was obvious when SSR landed who was hurting who.

Im guessing Rungvisai won :pimp:. I fell asleep a lil but past the 7th round i think but i def had Rungvisai winning up until that point

I'm picking Ortiz by late TKO. I'm expecting Ortiz to outbox Wilder throughout the fight, and catch him with something big late.

Wilder will knock Ortiz out in 6 rounds . I may go to that fight.

Everywhere I go, people who are picking Wilder are picking a late round stoppage. I don't get it. Wilder is going to decapitate him early.

Everywhere I go, people who are picking Wilder are picking a late round stoppage. I don't get it. Wilder is going to decapitate him early.

Outside of his last bout with Stiverne, his last 6 outings have gone into the late rounds, including a fight with Stiverne in 2015 that went the full 12.
I'm not leaning on Ortiz creating a high output but just enough to keep him honest, I do however see him eating up a lot of shots.
Deontay will not decimate Ortiz like he did Stiverne. Homey looked like he didn't want to fight and just wanted to get paid.

Deontay Wilder started boxing late and is now ascending. He's going to finish Ortiz in emphatic fashion and it won't take very long.

Deontay Wilder started boxing late and is now ascending. He's going to finish Ortiz in emphatic fashion and it won't take very long.

He was getting outboxed by a football player two fights ago.

Deontay peaked against Stiverne the first fight and has been hovering around that level ever since IMO. Granted he hasn't had the opponents to bring it out of him, but I haven't seen any improvement in his game, and think he kind of his who he is at this point.

Real statement fight for Wilder IMO. People have been skeptical and wanted to see a step up in competition, if he can dominate Ortiz then his credibility and profile are raised and to me gives him a little more power in negotiating vs Joshua.

Wilder is trash.

I'm picking Ortiz to win the fight even though I won't be surprised about any outcome of the fight. Also, the fight might be fixed because of how much money Involved with wilder vs Joshua

I'm going to go with Wilder winning via UD, no knock downs from either men. The fight will disappoint. Both men will be scared to pull the trigger, Wilder will use his height and try to jab his way to win which is smart. Won't live up to its expectations.

He was getting outboxed by a football player two fights ago.

Deontay peaked against Stiverne the first fight and has been hovering around that level ever since IMO. Granted he hasn't had the opponents to bring it out of him, but I haven't seen any improvement in his game, and think he kind of his who he is at this point.
Wilder getting better in the sense that he knows who he is as a fighter. A fighter doesn't necessarily need to have all the repertoire to be successful. The first Stiverne fight may be the one that passes the eye test. But Wilder is getting better at what he is best at.

BfrtUhllMzz

Country folk in Thailand sometimes get down like that.

Had a trainer at the second gym that I was based out of in Bangkok that said he used to eat rat. Told me he only ate rat when in the country side because there wasn’t any waste for them to eat. Argued that they were eating crops on farms unlike the rats that eat trash in the city.

I couldn’t get down either way.

Ppl picking wilder because Amir Mansour already exposed that King Kong is really a 50 year old man, Wilder is fighting a 50 year old man

Back
Top Bottom