Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As much as i would like them to, i dont they have the "it" factor.

dlh was a mexican american olympic gold medallist hero

Manny was a rags to riches story and prob the biggest asian athlete of our time

Fmj was the ultimate undefeated villain everyone wanted to see lose

Gilberto Ramirez might have the most upside at Top Rank currently. Too bad Arum tried finessing David Benavidez and failed.

And he also had fights with HOFers like MAB, Morales, DLH, and Marquez to put him over.

I think Loma and Bud can, they just need the fights. Which is going to be tough because of all the division in boxing today, we essentially have 3 diffrent "leagues" now.

Being on ESPN is going to help both of those guys though, this past year the average American sports fan has probably heard both of their names a lot more than Spence's or Mikey Garcia's.

Really? Not even Loma?

- Two time Olympic gold medalists
- 1 loss out of nearly 400 amateur fights
- three weight champion in twelve professional fights

There are some events that are exceptions but for the most part most American's only watch the Olympics to see other Americans. Shakur Stevenson was the only Olympic boxer to get any pub over here in 2016, and that was because he is American.

I'm not saying that stuff doesn't matter to hardcores because it does, but the casual sports fan isn't tunning in because of a non-American's amerature prowess no matter how impressive it is.

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer You still think Derev is beating Jacobs? When they're facing each other Jacobs is just so much bigger, I know Derev is a good boxer but to overcome 4 inches in height and 6 inches in reach?

freakydestroyer freakydestroyer You still think Derev is beating Jacobs? When they're facing each other Jacobs is just so much bigger, I know Derev is a good boxer but to overcome 4 inches in height and 6 inches in reach?

Fight can go either way. Derev even had issues with Tureano Johnson's height and reach. However, I give the slight edge to Derev because Jacobs has more wear and tear. The longer the fight goes, the more it favors Derev.

Fres turning down $500k purse to fight against Big Baby

Pulev is reported to have cut ties with Sauerland promotion leading up to the IBF eliminator with Hughie Fury. Pulev is now a free agent, he is promoting the Sofia card himself with two "local businessmen". Hugie Fury makes €1 million and is paid by Pulev's promotional outfit. Pulev still gets Sauerland's Uli Wegner in his corner for the fight.

Pulev and his business partners hope to make back their investment by cashing in on a mandatory fight vs. AJ if he wins this Saturday.

^ first time i agree with you... errol is going to make easy work off mikey... i dont know why mikey wants that fight so badly but respect to him... he going to lose that zero

Strange question. CA and TX have larger populations than NY so it kind of makes sense they'd have a higher percentage.

Although I'm sure NY was better represented in previous years.

I know a few amateurs out of Atlas Cops and Kids just turned pro.

Garcia trippin'

He can still make 140 but wants to fight bigger guys at 147. Going to be his first L

Back
Top Bottom