Official 2018 Boxing Thread: 12/30 - Ito vs. Chuprakov, Shiro vs. Juarez ESPN+

Who will be the winner of Canelo vs. GGG II?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
60/40 would be fair.

If the fight doesn't happen GGG needs to rematch Jacobs. I had Jacobs winning that fight.

:lol: @ Canelo regretting not taking the rematch.

Tom Loeffler is the worst decision maker I can think of. It baffles me that he's had two #1 P4P fighters the past three years.

How so? The guy deserves a lot of credit for creating GGG into a draw IMO. He's the first EE to come over here since the fall of the USSR and actually become an attraction. The Klits and Kosta were never the draws that GGG has been.

K2 promoted Chocolatito stateside but Teiken and Mr.Honda have always seemed like the ones who were truly in charge of his career.

60/40 would be fair.

If the fight doesn't happen GGG needs to rematch Jacobs. I had Jacobs winning that fight.

:lol: @ Canelo regretting not taking the rematch.

They both need the fight.

Especially if GBP is planning on making making Canelita-O'Sullivan a PPV, since they are fooling no one in bringing up Jacobs, and BJS. Spike turned down that GGG fight for a reason.

And GGG needs it because Derevyanchenko offers a way worse risk/reward ratio than the rematch does.

i feel like the Derevyanchenko fight is a no-win for GGG

it's a risky fight but if he beats him they are just going to say they rushed him, i know dude is already 32 but everyone's just going to look at his 12 bouts and then say GGG going after guys who aren't ready

i think GGG definitely needs the Canelo fight than Canelo needs the GGG fight, Canelos going to keep having big paydays even without GGG while GGG probably will never see that kind of money unless he goes against Canelo

GBP barely broke even for the Liam Smith PPV IIRC. Canelita is fine, GBP needs him in big shows to essentially fund their whole company. A 250k buy show against Spike is not going to do that, especially coming after not being able to have a show in May.

A big part of their stable is prospects, and it costs money to develop those guys since those shows usually operate at a loss.

I called it :lol:

Dudes are unhappy they're still undercard fighters at this point in their careers and I really can't blame them. The Charlos are two young brash dudes with power from a large media market. On paper they should be one of Al's biggest attractions.

^^Nice read. So they'll be showing Crawford-Horn fight strictly on the ESPN+ app and not on the network? Is that how's it going to go down?

Dat Goldenboy spin machine.

Their fighter pisses hot and withdraws from the fight, but it’s Golovkin’s fault the fight can’t happen.

Hopefully Golovkin fights Blow Job Saunders to unify and Cancelo gets washed by Jacobs. Then the Golovkin Jacobs rematch can happen and the winner can wash Charlo.

Dat Goldenboy spin machine.

Their fighter pisses hot and withdraws from the fight, but it’s Golovkin’s fault the fight can’t happen.

Hopefully Golovkin fights Blow Job Saunders to unify and Cancelo gets washed by Jacobs. Then the Golovkin Jacobs rematch can happen and the winner can wash Charlo.
Ain’t nobody washing Charlo bro....

As a GGG fan I'd be fine with Derevyanchenko in August or September and Murata on NYE in Japan, with the rematch taking place next May.

I still think this fight gets made though. Oscar is going to offer Jacobs crumbs, and they know a Canelita-Spike PPV is going to bomb. They need this fight to essentially fund their whole stable. Jacobs and BHS would present a lot of problems stylistically, and the only other money fight out there for Canelita is probably Zurdo who is waaay to big for him.

Last edited:
As a GGG fan I'd be fine with Derevyanchenko in August or September and Murata on NYE in Japan, with the rematch taking place next May.

I still think this fight gets made though. Oscar is going to offer Jacobs crumbs, and they know a Canelita-Spike PPV is going to bomb. They need this fight to essentially fund their whole stable. Jacobs and BHS would present a lot of problems stylistically, and the only other money fight out there for Canelita is probably Zurdo who is waaay to big for him.
If Canelo is waiting for GGG to get old overnight, the plan would fail if someone else beats GGG first.

i might be the minority but im glad the fight aint happening... the fight was a mismatch and the only reason people want a second fight because it ended in a draw... but GGG got robbed and the second fight would be exactly like the first... canelo cant beat him plain and simple it wasnt even close...

i might be the minority but im glad the fight aint happening... the fight was a mismatch and the only reason people want a second fight because it ended in a draw... but GGG got robbed and the second fight would be exactly like the first... canelo cant beat him plain and simple it wasnt even close...
Facts

I finally saw GGG yesterday with his kid and i didnt have the nuts to talk to him about the fight not happening. The displeasure is written on his face. And his son there seemed like an inappropriate time to ask. I want to get his opinion unfiltered.

I finally saw GGG yesterday with his kid and i didnt have the nuts to talk to him about the fight not happening. The displeasure is written on his face. And his son there seemed like an inappropriate time to ask. I want to get his opinion unfiltered.
Tell him fight Charlo lol

Back
Top Bottom