OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Isn't 7v7 big in TX too? Or is it not AAU-ized like everywhere else down there?
Up until the last couple of years it hasn’t been.

The ecosystem in Texas had still pretty heavily favored HS coaches because of it. They’d done their damnedest to keep kids from playing in these AAU summer circuits.

But it’s moving in the other direction. And they’re all up in arms over it. To the point there are regular conversations about allowing HS coaches to coach their kids in the offseasons at these tournaments and in these leagues to reduce the impact of handlers.

They see the balance of power (and the side cash that comes with it) shifting out of their favor.

Herm will drop bags full of Bibles and books filled with his motivational quotes

quote-a-goal-without-a-plan-is-a-wish-herman-edwards-72-15-43.jpg

upload_2017-12-6_17-21-35.jpeg

6960116_orig.jpg

IMG_0048.jpg

upload_2017-12-6_17-22-20.jpeg

Herm Edwards was still working ESPN’s NFL shows today instead of recruiting?!?! :wow::wow::rofl:

According to the reports the way they've structured the athletic department removes most of the coaches power when it comes to recruiting anyway. I really don't know what they're doing over there.

According to the reports the way they've structured the athletic department removes most of the coaches power when it comes to recruiting anyway. I really don't know what they're doing over there.
They gonna make Herm the DJ Khaled of the program
Does almost nothing except make collabs happen and say some inspirational ****

Yup. :lol:

These dudes are banging the drum that the 7v7 circuit is a threat to their profession and basically already called Jimbo to the carpet for cheating. One former district-level athletic director compared that circuit to Pitino and the NCAABB scandal, with #TXisNotFL

Buncha losers. :lol:

Jimbo's already dumped A&M's QB commit from Georgia. Looking for bigger fish.

Correct me if I’m wrong, but wasn’t the Texas HS coaches that pushed for these 7v7 leagues back in the day? Kinda funny if so.

They’re fine with 7v7, but they want it controlled by the schools/UIL.

Used to be coached by some dumbass dad looking to help his kid get ahead, but it’s evolved away from that over the last couple of years here.

Back
Top Bottom