OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DQ4l5z_XUAEKRex.jpg

Dabo said he joked around with Nick Saban at College Football Awards. Saban asked if he was staying for the show.

Dabo to Saban: "No, this was a 'rebuilding year' for us so we didn't have a player good enough to win any of these awards."

Amari Gainer and Jaiden Woodbey convo:

1017 am

354 pm

Ain't getting him, but nice to see the effort.

so coaches are gonna start recruiting over kids who don’t sign early next week?

If a committed kid doesn't sign, you'd have to assume there's a better chance of the kid flipping than eventually ending up in the class on NSD no?

At the very least you should have a contingency plans lined up.

I appreciate this article, but isn't it kinda inaccurate? Teams that are playing better, in more prestigious bowl games, and involved with the more elite kids aren't going to sign 20 dudes in December.

EDIT

Nvm, thought the article was over but saw at the end they make that point.

Last edited:
M9xC6Ht.jpg

Josh Allen :lol:

Connor Williams wasn't any good this season either. I don't usually fault guys for skipping bowl games, but that is a guy who could have used some more tape.

They're really gonna let that man coach until he's senile. Sad stuff, the great ones never know when to walk away.

generally speaking when you have your own statue, stadium is named after you, and you have a highway coming in to town named after you probably can pick and choose your own retirement terms.

some of that has to do that he legit doesn't want to stop coaching and he wants to make sure that his son, Sean will be his successor. Or, and I mean this in the best way possible he dies on the sidelines, at practice or in his office because I truly believe that would be the way he would want to go out.

Sounds like Paterno (minus all the cover up stuff). If I remember correctly didn't he die like a month or two after being fired?

Sounds like Paterno (minus all the cover up stuff). If I remember correctly didn't he die like a month or two after being fired?

And Bear Bryant

When Currie left, he should have named himself the AD, and promoted Sean to HC himself. Would have allowed him to still be around the game, while also making sure Sean got the job.

As if recruiting was Sumlin's problem:lol:
Sumlin's only problems in recruiting were roster management issues...

Too receiver heavy. Chavis liked tall corners, but none of them are very good CBs and probably should play safety. No DL or OL depth. Couldn't keep quarterbacks on the roster. Never had more than 80 scholarship players on the roster at any given time.

He'd constantly complain about line depth but take 5-6 receivers every year. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom