OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
https://www.si.com/tech-media/2017/12/10/college-footballs-declining-ratings-2017-media-circus

You guys catch this article about College Football ratings being down? Honestly, I'm not suprised. Part of the issue is that alot of the best teams are concentrated in one part of the country. Teams from states in the deep south with small populations dominating year after year is not good for the sport, the viewer base is concentrated in one region of the country. There's a reason that the 4 out of the 7 highest rated games this season featured Ohio State and the highest rated football game ever was Texas-USC.

I grew up in Georgia and live in California now. Once you leave the South you realize how little other parts of the country care about college football, especially when teams from their area aren't relevant. The best thing for college football is a dominant Southern Cal, Ohio State and Texas to go allow with good southern teams.

I grew up in FL and lived in the South for 38 year and live in CA now. I'm good with only the South, including Texas, only being good lol. Early ought USC was fun to watch though. Can't say it didn't bring a smile to my face when Vince Young and the Longhorns beat the Evil Empire though. Sorry Casper and Nako lol

He'd be your starter the second he's cleared and the best QB you've had since Henne (although I liked Mallet.)

Pretty much... It will be a fun comp with Shea, Peters and McCaffery... All 3 the talent... If the offensive staff sticks together, like it shaping up to do, lets hope they get it together and start to gel... They were a mess in 2017... Defense returns 9 starters and both kickers are back so they should be set on that side (mix some zone in Don Brown)

Shea's a baller, great arm and mobile. Just needs to not try and be Johnny Football on every play, just go through your progressions and don't panic if your first man aint open. His only weaknesses is his leadership skills and being mentally tough. Good luck to the kid

I grew up in FL and lived in the South for 38 year and live in CA now. I'm good with only the South, including Texas, only being good lol. Early ought USC was fun to watch though. Can't say it didn't bring a smile to my face when Vince Young and the Longhorns beat the Evil Empire though. Sorry Casper and Nako lol

You're old as ****

You're old as ****

You're right. And I'm not even the oldest regular in the thread lol. I think Casper has a good 3 years on me; maybe more. Some others have 7 years or so on me haha. Can't say I've ran across anyone in their 50s on here, but I could be wrong. I joined the 4-0 club last month.

Don't ever recall hearing either name brought up as possible replacements when a staff overhaul was brought up at FSU and not that it had to either. Either way, I’m curious how far down the list he went to get his guy(s) or if they were at the top.. Can't say I know much about either (did read Grinch was a Broyles Award nominee for the past 2 seasons though. And Dickey has Texas/TAMU ties)), but hopefully they're solid for him.

Both are legit, although I've heard questions about how much of Memphis's offense is Dickey and how much is Norvell with Dickey drawing up the gameplan -- not that it should matter.

Grinch is a good young DC and gave Leach probably his most impressive defense that we've seen under him. Aggressive and did a lot with smaller quicker guys. Pac 12 fans were quietly shook he was gonna rejoin Chip Kelly at UCLA and have that level of athlete to play with, but looks like he had no real interest in that gig.

If Shea's eligible immediately, he should've gone to Oklahoma.

Sounds like the only 3 schools he really considered were USC, UCLA, and UM and those were in the works for a loooooooong time. I don't know the propriety of it, but he was back channeling SC for months.

Last edited:
Wonder if Charles Kelly takes the CSU gig? I wish him nothing but the best. As a person, he seemed awesome; really liked him.

I've always really liked his game, so great pickup IMO if they can get him eligible. Ceiling is rich man's Manziel without the off the field issues.

Michigan is going to have to adjust the offense to make use of his abilities, but Harbaugh has proven that he is willing do that with what he did in SF with Kap. With guys like McKeon, Gentry, and Evans, Michigan can still utilize traditional personnel groupings in spread formations much like NE.

I like Peters and think he's talented, but I really disagree with the take that he should still be presumed the favorite for next year. There was a reason why he was behind Speight and JOK. Shea would have likely beaten both those guys out if he came here in 2016.

No troll, but I really think you need to stop basing your expectations on what you saw Harbaugh do in San Francisco.

No troll, but I really think you need to stop basing your expectations on what you saw Harbaugh do in San Francisco.

I agree... I love when people bring up Stanford days too... Its been a decade since he stepped foot onto that campus and 8 years since his last year there... A LOT has changed and he really hasn't... I love having expectations and thats why we are all FANS but its gotten to the point where he has to show me something especially after this past year... That was a terrible job by him and his staff

34 y/o

Rivals 100 player and 2 Offensive Guard in the nation, Trey Hill, just committed to UGA. We're also in the lead to get the #1 Guard in the Nation (Jamaree Salyer) as well. Kirby and his staff have been killing it on the recruiting trail. We have a good chance at finishing with the 1 or 2 overall recruiting class in the nation.

Back
Top Bottom