OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would love to see Harlon Barnett get that FSU job. Went to my HS :pimp:. Get from under Dantonio's shadow

Clay Helton is actually on the hot seat. Some boosters are pushing for Jack Del Rio to be named head coach. There’s disputes among insiders on how legitimate any chance of his being fired before December 2018 is but the agreement is that there are boosters pushing for it.

Half of fans are posting calling for him to be fired now because he didn’t offer Donte Williams a DB coaching job (even though neither did any other P5 team) and he offered him as LB coach, the same position Oregon just hired him at, that he’s never coached before.

Jack Del Rio...

USC has the dumbest fan base in the country.

Clay Helton is actually on the hot seat. Some boosters are pushing for Jack Del Rio to be named head coach. There’s disputes among insiders on how legitimate any chance of his being fired before December 2018 is but the agreement is that there are boosters pushing for it.

Half of fans are posting calling for him to be fired now because he didn’t offer Donte Williams a DB coaching job (even though neither did any other P5 team) and he offered him as LB coach, the same position Oregon just hired him at, that he’s never coached before.

Jack Del Rio...

USC has the dumbest fan base in the country.
man **** Jack Del Rio. For real.

And I’d rather have a kick in the nuts than a fork in my eye.

They both suck. :lol:

This.

No troll, I’d rather have JDR than Helton if I was a SC fan.

Serious question: Why? What's good about JDR?

EDIT

Now people are accusing writers and "connected" posters like FREE KOBE of making things up and exaggerating the anger among boosters for their own anti-Helton agenda. The last 3 offseasons have been a **** show.

Is there room on the UGA bandwagon?

Last edited:
This.

Serious question: Why? What's good about JDR?

EDIT

Now people are accusing writers and "connected" posters like FREE KOBE of making things up and exaggerating the anger among boosters for their own anti-Helton agenda. The last 3 offseasons have been a **** show.

Is there room on the UGA bandwagon?

Based on his track record in the NFL I think he’d probably be one of the 25 best HC’s in CFB, which Helton certainly is not. By no means do I think he’d bring the PC era back but they wouldn’t be as soft and as poorly coached as they are now. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but it’s between him and Helton I’m taking JDR.

SC is one the few places where an average NFL coach can have success because of the talent it’s able to attract based on the fact it’s SC. They could hire Sandusky tomorrow and they would still bring in a top 15 class next season

Jan 4, 2000:

__7458250_orig.jpg

Based on his track record in the NFL I think he’d probably be one of the 25 best HC’s in CFB, which Helton certainly is not. By no means do I think he’d bring the PC era back but they wouldn’t be as soft and as poorly coached as they are now. He wouldn’t be my first choice, but it’s between him and Helton I’m taking JDR.

SC is one the few places where an average NFL coach can have success because of the talent it’s able to attract based on the fact it’s SC. They could hire Sandusky tomorrow and they would still bring in a top 15 class next season

I agree SC is one of the easier schools to recruit to but in 12 seasons as an NFL head coach, Jack had a winning record in 4 of them and an overall record of 93W-94L. He made the playoffs 3 times. What track record...?

We know Helton at the least will win you double figure games, a conference title and has the capability compete with and beat his rivals and “superior” coaches. Say what you want about Darnold but he also did those things with Kessler.

Do we know that Jack Del Rio can coach college kids? Are we sure he can do any of that? He’d almost surely be a tougher head coach than Clay but would he make in game adjustments? USC pretty much outscored every team they faced in the 4th quarter this year. Looking at his Oakland tenure, do we know JDR can coach to do that? Also the history of NFL coaches moving to college is not pretty. It seems Pete Carroll is pretty much the exception to the rule there.

Del Rio always talked about the little details but never really seemed like he knew how to work on them, every week he kept saying "it's the little details". If they was so little not sure why they could never fix them.

Maybe cause he threw Carr under the bus in front of the whole team along with the many coaches he threw under there along his career.

His whole tenure seemed dusfunctional from the outside, keep in mind the Raiders have been dysfunctional for like 20 years but he seemed to bring his own brand of it.

I agree SC is one of the easier schools to recruit to but in 12 seasons as an NFL head coach, Jack had a winning record in 4 of them and an overall record of 93W-94L. He made the playoffs 3 times. What track record...?

We know Helton at the least will win you double figure games, a conference title and has the capability compete with and beat his rivals and “superior” coaches. Say what you want about Darnold but he also did those things with Kessler.

Do we know that Jack Del Rio can coach college kids? Are we sure he can do any of that? He’d almost surely be a tougher head coach than Clay but would he make in game adjustments? USC pretty much outscored every team they faced in the 4th quarter this year. Looking at his Oakland tenure, do we know JDR can coach to do that? Also the history of NFL coaches moving to college is not pretty. It seems Pete Carroll is pretty much the exception to the rule there.

He was also the DC for some quality Bronco teams, but yes the point is he's an average NFL HC, which should roughly translate to about a top 25 coach in CFB. From an X&O standpoint week to week the game is significantly easier than it is in the pros.

Sark didn't get fired until 10/12, Helton was 5-4 that season as a HC. Am I supposed to be impressed that Helton beat Utah and a Jim Mora led UCLA that season?

tweet is a bit misleading, basically said he expects to see the field next season regardless if wins the job and it could be at another position, but long term he wants to be a QB.

He needs to make up with Lindsey and beg to be allowed to transfer to Nebraska yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom