OFFICIAL 2018 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Who is going to win the Big Ten this season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Well. Didn't see that coming.

USC boards are on fire with a mix of "GOOD HE SUCKS!/TOO MANY COOKS IN THE KITCHEN!!!" and "HOW COULD CLAY LET HIS BROTHER GO ELSEWHERE/WHY DIDN'T HE SUCCEED HERE/CLAY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S DOING!!!" :lol:

Tee giving the rec to get his Co-OC out of town?

Nick Saban is reportedly at Heard County High school in Franklin GA Attempting to swing Ohio State commit Emory Jones. The quarterback has been a verbal commit to Ohio State.

“Who’s the kid with the big windup?” one longtime NFL evaluator asked, settling among a group of friends and focusing on a reddish blonde camp counselor with a zippy arm and ideal frame.

“That’s [Sam] Darnold,” an NFC personnel man answered.

The two raised their eyebrows at each other. Darnold’s delivery was unquestionably long, dropping the football down and backward with regularity. It was adding fractions of time to his delivery, separating the USC star from the crowd based on a concerning mechanical flaw.

“You can have him,” the NFC personnel man concluded within the group. “Loopy motion. Bad face. Overrated.

:lol:, scouts think you mans is too ugly to be a franchise QB nako xl nako xl

I love recruiting season.... so many lives of fans depend on what school a recruit picks

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy following recruiting, but I ain't emotionally invested like that where it makes or breaks me.

If they choose Miami, then they do. If they don't, then so be it. It's just funny reading people talking about how us in South Florida
have to turn our backs on recruits that choose anybody but Miami and should never be allowed back in Dade County. That it's time
for the community to show what loyalty is and all that stupidity :rofl:

The Dalvin Cooks, Jerry Jeudys, MT6 etc. Pure entertainment reading all of that

Interesting list for next year. I do chuckle at the Haskins "displaying heisman talent in the second half against michigan". Bruh it was a quarter and a half, chill :lol:

http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3...5510027=1&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

The young from Philly is gonna tear it up next year :smokin:smokin:smokin#RBU #Dawgsontop

2. D'Andre Swift, RB, Georgia
The Bulldogs' senior ball carriers, Sony Michel and Nick Chubb, will be playing on Sundays next season. Swift's been an excellent No. 3 option this year, and should flourish in a featured role in 2018. He's as fast as his name indicates, but also runs behind his pads, and is an excellent receiver. Kirby Smart might continue following the Alabama back-by-committee model if another young player steps up, but that didn't prevent Derrick Henry from winning the Heisman in 2015 -- and Swift is a better overall offensive weapon.

Well. Didn't see that coming.

USC boards are on fire with a mix of "GOOD HE SUCKS!/TOO MANY COOKS IN THE KITCHEN!!!" and "HOW COULD CLAY LET HIS BROTHER GO ELSEWHERE/WHY DIDN'T HE SUCCEED HERE/CLAY HAS NO IDEA WHAT HE'S DOING!!!" :lol:

Tee giving the rec to get his Co-OC out of town?

no harm, no foul. Good for Tee

If they choose Miami, then they do. If they don't, then so be it. It's just funny reading people talking about how us in South Florida
have to turn our backs on recruits that choose anybody but Miami and should never be allowed back in Dade County. That it's time
for the community to show what loyalty is and all that stupidity

The best part about this (and this is not just relegated to Dade county specifically) is that most of the people who say those kinds of things wouldn't step foot in the places some of these kids come from yet they speak on what that community should or will do.

I remember when a recruit flipped from FSU there was a guy on the board who, for some reason, saw the kid in public. Was saying how the kid wasn't loyal, how he was a little punk, etc. on the board while he was literally like 10-15 feet away from him. Talking real tough. I asked him, "So when you saw him, you said all that stuff about him to his face right?"

Of course he didn't :lol:

I love recruiting season.... so many lives of fans depend on what school a recruit picks

Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy following recruiting, but I ain't emotionally invested like that where it makes or breaks me.

for the community to show what loyalty is and all that stupidity :rofl:

The Dalvin Cooks, Jerry Jeudys, MT6 etc. Pure entertainment reading all of that

People whose lives depend on the decision of a 16-17 year old need to reevaluate their lives.

People whose lives depend on the decision of a 16-17 year old need to reevaluate their lives.

That was me for the longest time... Still love to follow it and find it entertaining but I am not too upset when Michigan misses on guys... Cannot get them all and have seen enough 5star flops that it is not an exact science

Yeah I don’t understand why folks are getting worked up over Jobe, it’s not like he’s this generational talent that gets Miami over the hump. The ST while maybe distasteful aint a big deal, he’s a kid acting like a kid

can’t lie i felt some kind of way when some UT fans were tweeting at KLavon Chaisson when he picked LSU over them. i knew his pops & his people were good money.

Dudes talking about restaurants in their neighborhoods shouldn't serve the kids after they decide to leave home and all of that always makes me laugh. Honestly, I was so ready to leave home for school coming out of high school I can completely understand any kid who just wants to see something new. Especially coming from a background where the only time I really got to see other parts of the country was through sports. Can't knock any one of these kids for their decisions.

The Jobe thing just reminded me of how out of hand people get with recruiting.

I'm happy if we get a big recruit, but it doesn't make my day either. But you won't ever see me hating life or upset when somebody flips or
doesn't pick Miami.

Schools will get who they get regardless of how. I just enjoy following recruiting w/ ZERO emotions involved. That's still fun.

A lot of it is internet talk anyway and like Dre said, they would NEVER EVER say any of that to a recruits face

I love recruiting but one thing I've learned is that talent acquisition is all about aggregation, not individual athletes. For example, Bama's bust rate for blue chip recruits is just as high as any other program, its just that they have so many it doesn't appear that way. I would want a recruiting class with nothing for 4 stars as opposed to lower tier players and a handful of top 25 players. If you track a team's recruiting class from cradle to grave you'll be amazed at the attrition rate of top players and also how many players just don't pan out. Grades, arrests, playing time, scheme changes and injuries all play a big impact. This is why I don't trip over individual players, I just want my school to have alot of really good players.

Back
Top Bottom