OFFICIAL 2018 FANTASY BASEBALL THREAD

Without knowing league format, I'd say give back Chap and keep Cole. Chap's K numbers are obviously elite but I don't hold relievers in such high regard in general. Castillo could be great but largely unproven, Gray is very good but COL's air docks him a point. I'd say Cole is the best bet.

Do you think Cole will be able to have a smooth transitioning into a pitcher’s ballpark?

Murphy (knee) was placed on the 10-day disabled list Tuesday, Chelsea Janes of The Washington Post reports.

Spin:
Murphy had already ruled himself out for Opening Day as he hasn't yet fully recovered from October knee surgery. The DL stint means that Murphy will miss at least the first week of the regular season, though the Nationals sound optimistic that he won't miss too much more than that. Howie Kendrick and Wilmer Difo are likely to fill in at second base in Murphy's absence.

Could Murphy really only miss 2-3 weeks tops instead of 1-2 months? Would be a major boost to my lineup.

If you have T-Mobile, make sure you download the T-Mobile Tuesdays app. They're giving away a free MLB.tv subscription to all subscribers up until next week.

Greg Holland to the Cardinals for 1 year $14M.

Of course I grabbed Leone yesterday, not to mention Holland was added and already dropped by a team, so now he's on the waiver wire instead of a FA :smh: put in a claim just now to try and get him by dropping Leone.

Had a brutal first week, lost 2-10 :smh: . Added Simmons off waivers today, need steady SS play. Dropped Semien, held onto Arcia only because I drafted him and don't want to give up on him yet.

Edit: McCullers today 8 ER :sick: :smh:

Last edited:
I would say Cozart just because Marwin has eligibility across the field, right?

He does. Though I've got at least two players with eligibility at each position he covers, minus SS, which is a position Cozart also covers. Cozart's had the better season so far, but they are both projected to have similar seasons with a slight edge to Gonzalez.

He does. Though I've got at least two players with eligibility at each position he covers, minus SS, which is a position Cozart also covers. Cozart's had the better season so far, but they are both projected to have similar seasons with a slight edge to Gonzalez.

Good point about Cozart. Maybe cut Marwin loose since Bell is also a 1B.

Last edited:
I'm 6-16-2 :sick: 12th place.

Dropped Marco Estrada & Devenski, added Hader & Pivetta (two starts this week).

I have one more move for the week. Do I burn it now and added a guy like Toddfather or Pirela? Or wait it out a few days? My offense does need help.

I'm 6-16-2 :sick: 12th place.

Dropped Marco Estrada & Devenski, added Hader & Pivetta (two starts this week).

I have one more move for the week. Do I burn it now and added a guy like Toddfather or Pirela? Or wait it out a few days? My offense does need help.
You only get 3 adds per week? That's rough. I wouldn't be against adding either of those guys if they're who your eyeing.

You only get 3 adds per week? That's rough. I wouldn't be against adding either of those guys if they're who your eyeing.

Yeah dude. We had a vote for 3 or 4 in the off-season and majority said stick with 3.

I'm setting myself up for a real dilemma. I have Yelich & Murphy on the DL. Yelich due back hopefully this week, Murph in the next 2-3 weeks. I have to be selective in who I drop to activate them, though if I add Todd or Pirela today, it will become even more tough if they are both playing well.

Current team:

C- Gary
1B- Goldschmidt
2B's- Merrifield & Kingery
3B- Castellanos
SS's- Simmons & Arcia
OF- Schwarber, Bruce, Hoskins (1B eligibility)
DL- Murphy & Yelich

SP- Hendricks, Dallas, McCullers, Weaver, Pivetta, Maeda & Nova
RP- Hader, Doolittle & Strickland

How should I fix this team as it stands now?

This pickup/drop thing on Yahoo is killing me. I'm used to ESPN where you can do drops/pickups and use those players the same day. With Yahoo you gotta do your moves a day in advance :rolleyes. I have Walker Beuhler on my NA spot but can't start him today because I had to drop someone yesterday in order to activate him :smh:.

Currently 4-0, but that's mainly due to my batting and playing opponents with horrendous pitching weeks. Some of my starters are underperforming.

Is it time to cut ties with Luis Castillo and Danny Duffy? Guys like Hamels, Wacha, Gray, Bettis, Foltynewicz, Sabathia, Montgomery, and Skaggs are available.

Jumped from 8th to 6th. Had another solid week.

Luke Weaver is killing me as of late :smh: but I don't want to cut ties yet. Thoughts?

AgentZero AgentZero I would grab Sabathia over Duffy, no bias.

Jumped from 8th to 6th. Had another solid week.

Luke Weaver is killing me as of late :smh: but I don't want to cut ties yet. Thoughts?

AgentZero AgentZero I would grab Sabathia over Duffy, no bias.

Might end up doing that, since Duffy isn't exactly helping my K/9 either. I'll give Duffy his next start on Wednesday before making a move and I'll have time to start testing out guys like CC who pitch later in the week.

How many teams are in your league? I'm inclined to stick with Weaver unless you're in a shallow league since he's a promising young pitcher. His first three starts of the season were good, he just had two bad games after and a bad last inning in his most recent start.

Might end up doing that, since Duffy isn't exactly helping my K/9 either. I'll give Duffy his next start on Wednesday before making a move and I'll have time to start testing out guys like CC who pitch later in the week.

How many teams are in your league? I'm inclined to stick with Weaver unless you're in a shallow league since he's a promising young pitcher. His first three starts of the season were good, he just had two bad games after and a bad last inning in his most recent start.

12-man keeper. Definitely going to hold onto Weaver, just frustrating to see him dip like this.

Back
Top Bottom