Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^exactly. Except prime kersh....

Speakin of. How about this guy Kershaw...last 8 starts: 8-0, 0.74 ERA, 80 Ks, 6 BBs....just disgusting.

I dont trust Beckett to stay healthy and no way I want Haren out there in October with the season on the line. Learned that last year with Nolasco. 
mean.gif
 Cant depend on Kershaw to bail us out on 3 days rest. 

With Molina out 2-3 months, this is their chance to make the WS. Cards really the only team that scares me. And they are for sure going to make a run at Price. I say do what the A's did and just go all out for that ring. 
smokin.gif

I wouldnt trade all our top prospects for Price though. Just 1. 
happy.gif

The other teams/desperation is gonna dictate just how much the rays will gouge somebody's farm. If there aren't many suitors, then better for the dodgers. But not too many teams can afford the contract he's looking for. Don't see too many people trading the farm for a 2-3 month rental (unless he's under control for another year)

Someone has got to want ethier, someone.

Need to upgrade the starters.

Joc should be called up shortly.

Team doesn't need Price and the cost would be absurd.

Do they need rotation depth yes, but in the playoffs you need to be 3-deep and the Dodgers are already there.

They need to find a true CF'er somewhere. At least as a defensive sub. There is NO CF'er on the roster. :lol:

Donnie isn't playing Kemp there anymore, Ethier got benched, SVS is currently starting there. That is no bueno.

T

Yeah. Price is NICE, but strictly a luxury. Too many other holes to plug. Ned has already dismissed gutting the farm for DP. Allegedly.

Yasiel didnt have to do that hr derby, nothing good ever comes out of it :smh:

Wait is this life real? Dodgers have the best record in the NL?

:lol:

Come on that guy turn down an opportunity for the spotlight to be soley on him :lol: I just hope he doesn't pull a kemp because no one will let him live it down

Best record in the NL is great especially considering a month ago they were out about 9 games right? Now to continue the pace for the second half

Dodgers with the best record in the NL.

Good considering they are in extremes.

The bad thing is that the starting rotation outside of Kershaw and Greinke are not going to pitch this way all season. The bullpen still has some issues to work out, mainly, why do Paul Malholm and Chris Perez keep hogging up roster spots? I think the fact that the rotation has been going deep into games in May and June has really eased the load on the bullpen.

The good thing is that this offense isn't going to be this bad all year. Is it?

Defense is still bad, and it makes what the starting rotation is doing even more impressive.

Best record in the NL with all these holes. I'll take it.

It's going to be hard for the Dodgers to get any big name player at the deadline. They have stated numerous times that Pederson, Saeger and Urias are untouchable and those are the names that people are gunning for.

Sadly, Ethier and Crawford have zero value. Crawford with his injury history, and Ethier has just been flat out terrible this year.

Matheny starting his boy Wainwright because of "leadership and performance."

Kershaw doing his corny go-to moves, intentionally making himself look like a fool, during the bubble machine celebrations isn't leadership?!?!
Kersh is ultimate team player and leader, don't smack him in the face because you want to start YOUR guy Matheny...

It really is a coin flip because Wainwright is awesome, but I thought it was a knock on Kersh.

I hate the Cards ergo I hate Wain-o, of course I'd go with Kershaw. BUT as the hours have passed since that shockingannouncement, i'm okay with it. Let Kersh not lose his focus on winning the WS for us :smokin

Still remember piazza laying goose eggs...I mean, Hee seop Choi had 5 in a round. the commentators disrespected the entire round....

Puigs check swing told me he wasn't even ready. Nerves, I guess.

Yeah Puig didn't show up, but that last ball he hit off the roof of the building still got me tho.

I was laughing at Puig having 0 n Cespedes winning, especially after he said it wouldn't be a competition for Puig's skills 
laugh.gif

I think baseball should add some other skills competitions. Like pitchers throwing breaking balls around objects to knock stuff down or break ****, who can run around the bases fastest, 1st to 3rd with OFs trying to throw out baserunners, etc. That would make it more exciting n showcase the athletic abilities of players. Just a thought.

Also, we're 5 games ahead of where I thought we'd be n am looking forward to the second half after today's ASG.

Go Dodgers Go!

Hopefully A-Gon's bat finally wakes up and Hanley starts playing more than 3 times a week in the 2nd half :smh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom