Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Kemp's agent asking for a trade if he's not an everyday player? Someone has gotta go before the deadline...

cesar-izturis-alex-cora--large-1084776111-msg-18247-3.JPG

They experimented with izzy at 3rd part time in 2005 or 6 before shipping him for Maddox.

I forgot wilson betemit. How dare I.

Cochito had my heart. But the sample size was too small...lmao.

Waiting on the Seager era to start.

LOS ANGELES -- Dodgers general manager Paul DePodesta last weekend talked about life without Adrian Beltre.

Now he's living it.

The free agent third baseman Thursday agreed to a five-year contract with the Seattle Mariners for $64 million, joining new slugging teammate Richie Sexson and rejecting an offer from the Dodgers for $70 million over six years with a seventh-year option.

SMH, Beltre would be getting over 100 m's easily this day in age. 

Shawn Green was cool but way over paid.

Shawn Green was awesome until they moved him to 1st and he started hitting nothing but ground balls to the right side :smh:

Last edited:
:lol: **** THAT GUY!

Damn rules back then that had alternating draft slots going from NL/AL to AL/NL every other year :smh: :smh:

Could've had A-Rod :smh:

Glad to see paco back in the bigs.

Let the 2nd half begin....gonna be an interesting deadline as well.

Can you guys be mad at Kemp for wanting to play everyday?

I'll be mad too if Ethier and/or Crawford were stealing playing time from me, :lol:. Any dude wanting to see Ethier's sorry *** out there must have a GF that is a fan of that guy. Only people that like seeing #16 out there are girls, :lol:.

I like Ethier, but he got a very generous extension for a platoon player. Even then, his strength is hitting lefties and he isn't even doing that this year. He is clearly a guy that needs a change of scenery.

Beltre trash in Seattle?

Averaged 25 HR in that cavern of a ballpark, was irrelevant because the Mariners are irrelevant. Was a legitimate GG'er at Third.

Best thing he did for himself was get out of there and sign that one year deal with Boston. Where he reminded everyone that he had superb defensive skills and could rake outside of Safeco, parlayed it into a big deal with Texas, which he parlayed into another extension. He wasn't 2004 Adrian Beltre, but trash? Nope.

Trash was kinda harsh. More like a mediocre hitter. And HR the only stat that matters now? Because even Sexson's sorry *** averaged over 30HRs there

Point is, Beltre never lived up to, at that time, massive contract. He had 1 monster year with LAD & SEA and then turned it around after it. Nobody would be knocking him back then if he was hitting like he has the last 4 years.

Last edited:
Can you guys be mad at Kemp for wanting to play everyday?

I'll be mad too if Ethier and/or Crawford were stealing playing time from me, :lol:. Any dude wanting to see Ethier's sorry *** out there must have a GF that is a fan of that guy. Only people that like seeing #16 out there are girls, :lol:.

I like Ethier, but he got a very generous extension for a platoon player. Even then, his strength is hitting lefties and he isn't even doing that this year. He is clearly a guy that needs a change of scenery.

Beltre trash in Seattle?

Averaged 25 HR in that cavern of a ballpark, was irrelevant because the Mariners are irrelevant. Was a legitimate GG'er at Third.

Best thing he did for himself was get out of there and sign that one year deal with Boston. Where he reminded everyone that he had superb defensive skills and could rake outside of Safeco, parlayed it into a big deal with Texas, which he parlayed into another extension. He wasn't 2004 Adrian Beltre, but trash? Nope.

Kemp has given up any right to complain about his position after seeing that NYM in NY series :x :x :x :x
Yeah, CrEthier have their faults, a few, but i've never seen worse (hyperbole) play in CF than during the aforementioned series

Keep him. Strut him out in LF, because doing so will further motivate him to prove Donnie wrong and force a move back to "his position"... via trade

Its becoming appearant, more and more,that were gonna have to predominantly rely on the top of the rotation if we wanna make noise in sept/oct. Alotta mediocre numbers being put up by some marquee bats.....it almost feels like they need to be infused again like last yr. But, Ill remain patient. It seems as if they only put up crooked numbers in coors/chase. Everywhere else, including at home, its a bunch of 2-1, 3-2 type games, a few games not withstanding.

Anyways....glad to see guererro back in alb producing and seager/joc/urias making the top 50 list.

Tomorrow....we need to unleash on j.kelly. to me, its personal.

Last edited:
If braves can release smedium uggla and his $16mil or so owed its really time to drop 1/3 of the bums

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom