Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the utley leading off and playing every day experiment end already....stick howie back at 2B where hes most comfortable and a better defender and put utley in a utility role. Do that..get puig back in RF..stick with trayce every day...and pray gonzo/turner/grandal have good 2nd halfs. Same with howie/puig. Rotation is still patchwork as well....still waiting on montas.....
Sad...just fri night, it was down to 3 GB...now 6... Gotta start with a win tonight. Bradley can be hit.

Lol. So basically, he takes craws place as a left handed slap hitting OFer with surprising once in a blue moon power thats for all intents and purposes, washed.

Well damn. Shoulda just kept Crawford.
I swear I see all these other teams making great moved and we make the most ******ed moves.

I'm frustrated with Puig too, but he's 24 playing better defense and a bat that still has potential. With a couple of years under control left, he's got some value.

what kind of value are you talking about? he'd prolly get a arm in the pen if that ... his true value was when we were wondering if wed trade him for giancarlo.

but he's lightning in a bottle, gonzos numbers are good but it just doesnt seem like its enough, jturner might be coming around ... vindeezy is right howie needs his 2B role cus its killing his bat playing him like hes 20yo.

this team is bad and needs a drastic change ... asap

I remember the days we used to put kuo in or whoever in to face venable..

I mean..i see the reasoning...but...meh. At least he can defend all OF positions/decent speed/tough to strike out and "pesky".

Of course chase goes deep amd singles in 2 to buy himself thru sept in the leadoff spot. Lol.

Cmon milwaukee...PLS.

I still have faith in Puig. He's a young stud of an athlete and has shown flashes and glimmers of greatness. Dont give up on him yet

Dude is just living the Hollywood life. :smh:
Coming from literally nothing, to now having millions and living in LA, best restaurants, women, nightlife. I don't blame him, but his career isn't gonna last if he stays here

Well...with puig..he did lose weight...they asked him to trim down, he did. I dunno if ward opened his stance(the book on him since late 2013 is to pound him inside), but he did. Hes also finishing with a 2 handed follow through...he used to finish quick with 1 hand and with more power...seen him finish high a la kemp..i dunno what approach hes most comfortable with. Selective..agressive..2 hands...1 hand...i dunno, and im not sure hes sure or ward and the staff are. Well see after monday.

I think puig is a wash in la. He hasnt really showed maturity in his game. He seems to lack fundamentals. Instead of trying to hit a kutoff man regularly, he tries for the amazing play, which often times, turns singles into doubles, while missing the play at the plate or at third. That, kombined with his impatience at the plate, have stunted his growth. I honestly felt that most of his progression was hindered once we traded away uribe, n got rid of hanley. Though those things were much needed, i felt those players had the most influence on puig. Another thing, is puig kan karry too much emotion in his game. If hes playing well, thats great kuz its infectious, but when hes playing not so well, we kan see his frustration n he kan get down on himself. This happens way too often kuz his plate patience isnt where it should be at this stage in his kareer. He has all the potential in the world, still at 24, but it seems as if hes kontent with squandering it away. Maybe a change in scenery would bode well for him, n allow us to move on from questioning whether or not he will finally put it all together. Hes still one of my favorite players n i enjoy watching his amazing plays, but it seems as if the experiment has just about run its kourse.

I truly hope he kan make me eat my words this season, n for the rest of his dodgers kareer, but this is my stance on the whole puig thing.

Go Dodgers Go!

I see what ur sayin^^ but at 24/25 and his salary...his skillset(still the most upside of any OFer we have) ..i kinda woulda rather stay the course unless someone wants to buy high(i still think he has value). And i still think gonzo is a positive influence on him. Agreed on hanram and uribe though..i wanna see what he has to give between monday and the deadline.

Last edited:
Well damn. Shoulda just kept Crawford.
I swear I see all these other teams making great moved and we make the most ******ed moves.

Nah b, we don't have to hear/read people trying badly in calling him "Craw", :lol:

View media item 2069488
Gonzales has been playing below his standards unfortunately, hopefully is not the sign of things to come as he enters the tail end of his contract/career. Nothing good about having an underpowered player at a power position.

Boys are awful in one run games this year :smh:

Offensively Venables isn't much of an upgrade over Crawford, however, defensively we are now spared Crawfords noodle arm and bad routes. Also, hopefully, spares us from seeing a career infielder (Kendrick) in the OF.

Last edited:
Yeah, i agree with seeing what he has from now through the deadline. I think the way the team has performed, n how puig just hasnt blossomed into an mvp kaliber player yet, has me ready to the team go into a different direction n see what we kan get for him. Im just frustrated with the team to be honest, top to bottom. **** just has me :smh:

hows evan longoria been? dont hear his name anymore

is yellich an untouchable for the marlins?

sonny grey has had a bad year im sure As still wont trade him

I still have some hope in Yasmani, but Ellis is seriously frustrating to watch. Jonathan Lucroy is the hot name on the market right, but imagine having a competent catcher who can hit .250-.275 on this lineup instead of the auto-out situation we got going on...

Lucroy would be nice...but im sure they wont dfa AJ, aka half of "between the palms". Unless u trade yazmani, but hes a freidman guy.."his guy"..just like when depo was here...he put "his stamp" on the team with "his guys" like JD drew and derek lowe...jose valentin(instead of paying adrian beltre 70 mill).

Last edited:
6.5 back...they r where they deserve to be. Were fighting for a WC, i guess.

Friscos schedule leading to the deadline is weak...and theyll get a bat(braun) to fill pences void. As for us......well, its either deal kids for impact players off teams sliding out of contention...stand pat and fight for that wc...or dumpster dive. Or the latter 2(what i fully expect)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom