Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Loved these quotes from Grandal after Game 2. Hope he keeps it going.

“There’s a couple things I do,” Grandal said. “I slug, I walk, and I catch. In the playoffs, catching is No. 1, getting on base is No. 2, and slugging is No. 3. I’m hitting seventh, and there’s a reason why they have me hitting seventh. They want me to make sure I run the pitching staff like it’s supposed to be ran.

“Obviously the slugging wasn’t there then,” he said. “But, now, at any point at any time, one swing could change a lot of things. And it’s gonna be scary if that one swing happens. If I go on a tear, it’s gonna be a bad time for them. It takes one movement for me to figure it out. Until then, I’m gonna keep walking and keep getting my pitchers through.”

Full article: http://www.latimes.com/sports/dodgers/la-sp-dodgers-cubs-grandal-20161016-snap-story.html

let's get it today, fellas :smokin

2-1 With the Phenom on the mound?? I like my chances.

if we win tonight, Throw CK tomorrow to closed it out.... :smokin

2-1 With the Phenom on the mound?? I like my chances.

if we win tonight, Throw CK tomorrow to closed it out....
smokin.gif
I'll admit, I think I'm the only one that doesn't like this idea. If you're up 3-1 (IF!) and you throw Kershaw and then lose somehow...ALL the momentum is with Chicago and the series is heading back to Chicago. Sounds awful.

If you pitch Maeda Game 5, and win (unlikely) you get CK on a bunch of rest for G1 of the WS. If you pitch Maeda and lose (likely), you get CK on regular rest in Chicago to close it out.

projecting for the future is always good, but i feel you gotta take each series one at a time and get by any way possible. if you're fortunate to get to the next series you figure it out then.

projecting for the future is always good, but i feel you gotta take each series one at a time and get by any way possible. if you're fortunate to get to the next series you figure it out then.
Agreed. Gotta take care of tonight first...will be a challenge with the rookie on the bump. My body is ready.

Go LA.

#Dodgers NLCS Game 4 lineup:
Utley 2B
Seager SS
Turner 3B
González 1B
Reddick RF
Pederson CF
Grandal C
Toles LF
Urías P

:evil: