Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe I can't watch dodger baseball every night in 2017.

Might go to the game Saturday to cop that statue.

Believe it, Magic Johnson a ****n fraud. Management dont kare bout Dodgers fans, they all about their money. Not sayin it aint been goin on, just sayin they ****n us over

Go Dodgers Go!
Of course they don't :lol:
Prices keep going up, 70% of LA still can't watch the games, they don't care, they're still selling 40k+ tix a night :lol:

Vin Scully aont walkin thru that door neither, so dont expect KTLA to save us

My boy who went opening day said a tallcan Modelo is $15.50 now :stoneface:

Welp looks like imma be sober when I go to a game now

Like you aint gonna be like the countless others leaving Elysian park a recycling paradise or empty beer cases in the parking lot :lol:

Just hope we kan get over the hump n make it to the Fall Blassik finally [emoji]128591[/emoji]

Last edited:
moe fab moe fab I have never tailgated in the parking lot :lol:
and probably never will because now I just take the bus from Union Station to the stadium
Don't have to struggle going through that parking lot after a game :lol: :nthat:

Then please explain why you will be sober, especially if you dont gotta drive, thru waves of police, up to the parking lot :lol:

Last edited:
I find street parking in echo park and walk up the hill. Think I'm gonna go to the game by myself tomorrow.

I've never driven to the stadium, i always catch a ride with someone else...needless to say, im always drunk :lol:

Then please explain why you will be sober, especially if you dont gotta drive, thru waves of police, up to the parking lot :lol:
My liver and brain likes it a lot more when I don't drink :lol:
But seriously I hate pregaming, I rather drink during the game
Yes I actually pay more to get buzzed :lol:

There's nothing like having a cold brew sitting at the upper deck while screaming at the umpire "YOU'RE A ****** IDIOT YOU BLIND PIECE OF **** UMPIRE" even though you know the umpire can't hear you. :nthat:

I've never been able to figure out why cable channel providers (like Sportsnet, Viacom, Disney, etc.) are able to charge "carriage fees" to service providers (Dish/DirecTV, Comcast, Verizon, etc) to begin with. They should simply be making their $$$ off of ad and promotional revenue. You'd think if SNLA had greater carriage (say 85-90% of market coverage instead of the 25-30% they currently have) Charter & the Dodgers could charge a hell of a lot more for ad time and promo fees due to all the extra viewers (in the #2 market in the country, no less). Instead, they're 'cutting off their noses to spite their faces' by holding out for a $5 per subscriber carriage fee. That's $35/season, $60/yr LA subscribers would have to pay whether they watch the Dodgers or not. That's straight criminal.

Cord cutting seems to be getting bigger with the 30+ yo folks who grew up on cable, but so many under-30s never even had cable to begin with and are watching less and less TV and are watching online content. Hell, I watch all my MLB & NHL via the apps, for like $120/season each. I'm watching/listening to all the Dodger games out here in MA and y'all can't see them in LA for cryin out loud. That's nuts.

I get cable providers charging an access fee to be able to get all this content reliably in HD, but they shouldn't be charged for the content at all, unless it's commercial-free premium channels like HBO/Cinemax, Starz, Epix, Showtime or TCM. Why are viewers paying extra for commercial TV to begin with? Doesn't make any sense at all.

tl;dr - I really feel bad for LA residents screwed over for the last 3+ yrs by this SNLA insanity

My boy who went opening day said a tallcan Modelo is $15.50 now
indifferent.gif
Anyone know if prices on craft beer went up as well? $17.50 for a 32 oz 805 
mean.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom