Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think Belli is untouchable. What if Cleveland offered Kluber for Belli straight up?

Kluber is 10 years older and has a fat contract. Money isn’t an issue yes but the age makes it eh.

Remember those old Bill Simmons nba rankings based on trade value? Fit and need are important yes but age and money factor in. Now if they want to sweeten the pot...

Naw the way they think Belli is untouchable.

This too.

Tuner Ward gone. I do appreciate everything he has done to help our guys, especially Puig. But with a new hitting coach, let’s hope they focus more on hits rather than launch angle and always going for the homeruns.

Tuner Ward gone. I do appreciate everything he has done to help our guys, especially Puig. But with a new hitting coach, let’s hope they focus more on hits rather than launch angle and always going for the homeruns.

Who’s Puig gonna kiss now?!

LeMahieu's numbers against lefties though! I'm also skeptical of his potential performance away from Coors, but if it gives LA a leg up to sign Arenado come on over!

I hoop with a recently retired Nationals reliever. He said he’s heard the Giants are going hard after Bryce Harper this winter

Farhan is pretty respected around the SABR circle and I actually believe he had more influence than we think. Remember that he worked w/ Billy Beane initially and made his way up the ranks with the A's before coming over to LA. Smart move by SF, and I look forward to the complaining of SF heads when he starts moving some of their favorite players.

How do you know him?

Crazy thing, he pitched against our higher end beer league team in like 2008 and we Beat him. Slider was insane

Lol. Crazy small world. I played with him on a team in the Norwalk/Santa Fe springs league. Los Coyotes:pimp:
Think that was around 08-10. I stopped playing in 2010.

Weren’t best friends or anything. Just played on the same team. Cool *** dude.

Last time I remember him showing up to our games was the championship where he went like 7-8, hit for the cycle, 6 RBI, pitched all 9 and had about 14 Ks.
He was the truth.

Days he didn’t pitch, he was playing a stud shortstop and just crushing anything he swung at.

I remember asking about him the next season and hearing that he was playing in Mexico. The guys got a bad *** “Muncy type” story.

With coyote the coach? :lol:

Yea we beat them in Arizona. He pitched in the championship game. We knew he was “ineligible” because he was pro/semi pro but we didn’t say anything

Speaking of that, true that coyote’s guys would get paid?

With coyote the coach? :lol:

Yea we beat them in Arizona. He pitched in the championship game. We knew he was “ineligible” because he was pro/semi pro but we didn’t say anything

Speaking of that, true that coyote’s guys would get paid?

Lol yeah. Loved playing on that team.

Nah. All we got was our uniforms or free. Which explained why we always had the ugliest jerseys in the league :smh:

http://www.espn.com/mlb/insider/story/_/id/25208179/mlb-keith-law-offseason-trade-market-overview

OF Alex Verdugo, Los Angeles Dodgers: Verdugo has probably been ready for a major league job as a corner outfielder, ideally right field given his incredible arm strength, for a year now. But the Dodgers haven't had at-bats to give him, with Cody Bellinger, Yasiel Puig and Chris Taylortaking most of them and Enrique Hernandezand Joc Pederson also in the mix.

The Dodgers could choose to move someone in that group other than Bellinger, but Verdugo seems like the most valuable asset to trade, since he still has six years of control remaining, projects as an above-average everyday player, and is ready right now. He could be part of a package to acquire a catcher for 2019 as the Dodgers wait for catching prospects Keibert Ruiz and Will Smith to arrive, or to acquire a full-time second baseman, or to add a starter given the uncertainty around the final two spots in their rotation and the low workloads we might expect from their front three. I do think he's ready, however, with high contact rates, solid OBP skills and the potential for 20-plus homers, along with some speed and very good defense.

From the small majors sample size, I don’t see it with Verdugo. Adam Dunn lite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom