Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, a lot of people are saying they’re extending his deadline so they can work on an extension. They’re saying it could be a 1-2 year extension.

That’s good. Don’t think anyone really wants to see him leave. He just can’t be our #1. Walker time!

Is there really a market out there for Kersh? Especially if he wants the bag? I don’t know if there’s a team willing to give him the entire bank after his post season performance. I believe it’s smarter for him to just extend his contract here in LA and ride out as a Dodger. But I wouldn’t be mad if he did decide to opt out on Friday.

If he opts out then it’s for a long term deal potentially until he’s done. Can’t see another team ponying up for that aside from us.

Is there really a market out there for Kersh? Especially if he wants the bag? I don’t know if there’s a team willing to give him the entire bank after his post season performance. I believe it’s smarter for him to just extend his contract here in LA and ride out as a Dodger. But I wouldn’t be mad if he did decide to opt out on Friday.

I’ve always believed There’s always a market for starters.

And as “bad” as he’s been in the postseason, he has gotten them there 6 seasons in a row. Not saying he has done it all on his own, cause he hasn’t. Especially when this past season. But he has definitely been a huge piece each year in which they’ve won the division.

As mad as I get seeing his playoff woes, gotta remind myself of that. They just gotta find a better way to use him. He’s definitely not a short series, game one stuff kind of guy. At least not right now.

I’ve always believed There’s always a market for starters.

And as “bad” as he’s been in the postseason, he has gotten them there 6 seasons in a row. Not saying he has done it all on his own, cause he hasn’t. Especially when this past season. But he has definitely been a huge piece each year in which they’ve won the division.

As mad as I get seeing his playoff woes, gotta remind myself of that. They just gotta find a better way to use him. He’s definitely not a short series, game one stuff kind of guy. At least not right now.

Now that everything’s past and I’ve calmed down lol, he has been obviously our best player and pitcher (barring injury) during the regular season, and getting to the playoffs. The playoff home/away splits are crazy, so like you said taking the pressure off and putting him in favorable situations/matchups at home is ideal. Let walker take the reins as the number one guy in the playoffs.

If they extend him and add another 50 mil, the dodgers are crazy.
His velocity is down. Gets injured more and more every year. So racking on an additional few years is a big risk, especially if they’re paying premium prices

Also, dodgers postseason hat $20 on lids website

Not only will they add more money, we'll be stuck with him for at least 5 more years (probably a team opt out for year 4?)

The extension will be reasonable, the market is what it is at this point. We've been spoiled with seeing Kershaw at such a high level in the past, in the regular season, that most pitchers never get reach in their careers. Sure he's different in the post season, but a lot of pitchers/players overall are. He's not an ace anymore, but he's still a front line starter and one that we know well. I also like extending Freese to be what Chase was these past couple of seasons, but with an added ability to smash lefties.

As for not going after Bryce and/or Machado, I understand that as well and wouldn't be mad if they resisted.

“Arrive early, leave late” podcast on the current state of the dodgers breaks things down pretty well

Bill Plascke crying because Yasiel Puig dumped cold water on him
Said it was “assault” and reported it to the dodgers :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom