Official 2018 Los Angeles Dodgers Thread : Game 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
so kersh with shouler inflammation ... he's on NSAIDs ... prolly got a cortisone inj?

strange cus im sure he hasn't thrown all off-season ... this is always a bad omen to me with the season around the corner.

Dodgers back in on Harper :smokin

The latest rumors on Bryce Harper

7:18 AM EST
After a seven-season tenure with the Nationals that included a National League Rookie of the Year Award in 2012, an NL MVP Award in 2015 and six All-Star nods, Bryce Harper is now a free agent for the first time.

Below you will find a list of the latest news and rumors surrounding the outfielder.

Source: Dodgers still in the mix for Harper

Feb. 25: ESPN is reporting that the Dodgers are back in play for Bryce Harper, and are interested in a short-term deal with the 26-year-old superstar.

Harper is looking for a long-term deal and has yet to indicate that his stance is going to change, according to ESPN's Jeff Passan.

Sources also told Passan and ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne that L.A. first contacted Harper’s reps about a short-term deal a couple of weeks ago.

A source confirmed to MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez that the Dodgers are indeed interested in Harper. The development throws another twist into the chase for Harper, which had appeared to be down to the Phillies, Giants, White Sox and Nationals, though Philadelphia had appeared to be the heavy favorite to sign the outfielder.

Phillies owner John Middleton reportedly flew to Las Vegas on Friday night and met with Harper before heading back east on Saturday. There were reports that other clubs had sent delegations to meet with Harper in Vegas on Saturday as well, but that Philadelphia may have been in position to close a deal by Tuesday.

The Dodgers made a blockbuster trade in December that sent outfielders Yasiel Puig and Matt Kemp, along with left-hander Alex Wood and catcher Kyle Farmer, to the Reds. That transaction cleared some outfield space, sparking speculation that Los Angeles might make a move to sign Harper. But the Dodgers signed free-agent center fielder A.J. Pollock last month, and it appeared that the club was done adding to the outfield at that point.

The Dodgers reached the World Series in 2017 and '18, losing to the Astros and Red Sox, respectively. The franchise's World Series drought has reached 31 years, and if club officials are, indeed, trying to ink the 26-year-old Harper to add another left-handed power bat to the middle of an already formidable lineup, it may indicate Los Angeles is trying to further solidify its status as favorite in the National League West, and as a serious contender to reach its third consecutive Fall Classic.

Of the teams still reportedly pursuing Harper, the Dodgers join the Giants as closest to his home in Las Vegas. Los Angeles also represents the team in that group that has had the most success recently; the Phillies finished third in the NL East last year, while the Giants finished fourth in the NL West, the White Sox finished fourth in the AL Central, and the Nationals finished second in the NL East.

here weee goooo

2-4 year deal?

the pollack addition would make getting harper that much better.
(defensively and righty / lefty)

but someone gotta go ... davey even went to talk with bryce

Dodgers would need to offer something crazy like 2 years/$85 million, in my opinion. I'm guessing if they sign Harper, Joc and Verdugo are gone for an arm/utility righty with a decent bat.

he looks like he would play in philly though

i think they were like ... Verdugo aint it

Last edited:
^^^
I'm with y'all, I think Harper meeting with Dave and Co. is just to push to get more $ from the Phillies. Harper/Boras has already stated they only want long term and if they were really considering short term deals, you'd have at least 10 teams trying to outbid each other with 2-4 year deals.

they should really try to package dugo + catcher for a starter ... esp with fragile kersh

I think he really wants to play in L.A. FO giving him a take it or leave it deal though. We'll see if he chooses money over happiness. Mad respect if he chooses us.

I think he really wants to play in L.A. FO giving him a take it or leave it deal though. We'll see if he chooses money over happiness. Mad respect if he chooses us.

It’s not like philly would is going to be a trash team with him...

And like someone said.... if he is willing to take a short term deal then he would be a dodger already

Turner in regular season form. I'm disappointed the game wasn't on MLB.tv today, wanted to get a peek at Lux.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom