Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
14 seconds is gonna be great. We're gonna have a lot more close games. Hate when a team is up and gets an offensive rebound with 23 seconds left. Now you gotta shoot that **** up again.

Clearly he didn’t learn from his dad about hot dogging.

That pony tail is asking to get smacked if he shimmies in front of the wrong person

HzLj9X.gif

The G-league being doing the 14 second reset since last year.

I think they experimented with a 4th ref and a coaches challenge also.

Hopefully they bring both of those to NBA at some point

I don’t know how I feel about the Coaches challenge. Do they act like they’re calling a timeout and then inform the ref it’s a challenge? Can you only call challenges within a certain time of the game? I feel as if hoops might move too quickly for challenges but I don’t know

Man, nobody gives a **** about Kobe. Quit trying to keep him relevant

Bruh - 9/10 when Kobe is brought up in this thread it is by one of his detractors then the rest of the sheep pile one. The 1/10 a stan brings him up is on his birthday (which other NBA legends, NBATV, etc.) are paying homage to and you're saying no one gives a **** about him and he's irrelevant?

Please go take a nap and come back to post when you have your senses about you.

I don’t know how I feel about the Coaches challenge. Do they act like they’re calling a timeout and then inform the ref it’s a challenge? Can you only call challenges within a certain time of the game? I feel as if hoops might move too quickly for challenges but I don’t know

The rule last year
The coach’s challenge enables NBA G League coaches to initiate instant replay review of referee calls of personal or shooting fouls, including offensive fouls, as well as those plays that have been identified as triggers for instant replay. Violations such as traveling and palming may not be challenged, nor can continuations or act-of-shooting determinations. A timeout must be called to initiate a challenge. If the challenge is successful the team keeps their timeout and the call is overturned. If the challenge is unsuccessful the team loses their timeout and the call stands.

The rule moving forward
The NBA will experiment with a coaches' challenge for summer league games, one where teams will have the ability to seek a review of certain calls in the final 2 minutes of regulation and overtime. Coaches will have to call a time-out before live play resumes, and then trigger a blinking light on the scorer's table to initiate the challenge.
/SPOILER]

Never understood why challenges in sports take so damn long, especially the NFL. I feel like they should have someone watching the replay and determine the call in less than 30 seconds and have it ready for the game official. They drag that sh*t out for 5 minutes sometimes.

Wouldn't expect a Knicks fan to know what the definition of relevant is.

Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA. They haven't won anything since I've been on this earth and your franchise is still #2. Your fanbase is trash and fair weathered

Bruh - 9/10 when Kobe is brought up in this thread it is by one of his detractors then the rest of the sheep pile one. The 1/10 a stan brings him up is on his birthday (which other NBA legends, NBATV, etc.) are paying homage to and you're saying no one gives a **** about him and he's irrelevant?

Please go take a nap and come back to post when you have your senses about you.

I congrat you for your new position as #1 knee buster on the Kobe defense force coalition. Cheers!

I congrat you for your new position as #1 knee buster on the Kobe defense force coalition. Cheers!

I'm not a Kobe Defender but your comment was *so asinine that it required attention as well as clarification surrounding the parameters that make it such. It's a common theme in this thread for folks that dislike Kobe to bash him out of nowhere which takes a toll of pages and pages, sometimes days, on the direction of thread. On the rare occasion when a fan brings him up for a pertinent reason, you come out of your rathole in NYC to make a snide remark. It's just silly, petulant and quite frankly confusing.

Chill, B. I got love for NYC. I was just up there two weeks ago for a few days. I'm just saying dude came in here spewing that type of nonsense has to mean he ain't eem coming from his room in his mom's rent controlled apartment that Trump will soon take away from him. He had to come out of a rathole with that nonsense.

This is why people hate Kobe. It's the fans who prop him up to a status that isn't factual.

I'm willing to say that Kobe is the greatest inefficient player in the history of the league without that being a slight against him.

I don't hate Kobe, but he might be the player who people wear blinders while discussing him the most.

Knicks are the most valuable franchise in the NBA. They haven't won anything since I've been on this earth and your franchise is still #2. Your fanbase is trash and fair weathered

Your statement was not factual. If he's not relevant still, why are multiple sports outlets wishing him a happy birthday as well as the NBA itself dedicating an entire day on its network to him? Again you must not know what relevant means. Current and former players been paying homage today and during this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom