Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
As much as I like the move the real person who deserves this job is Sam Hinkie.

Sam Hinke would have them tank next season because there's no shot they beat golden state. Idk how that would go over with the sixers fans

Hey y’all buying a lot of stock before seeing this dude play against nba talent every night. I ain’t, I gotta see it. If he’s legit I’ll take everything back, but right now I don’t believe it.
How I feel.

And yes, his skin complexion and country of birth plays into my feelings.

#JustBeingHonest

Sam Hinke would have them tank next season because there's no shot they beat golden state. Idk how that would go over with the sixers fans
witness-1.jpg

This. Lee Jenkins is awesome but I’ll bet you some peeps will expose themselves by applauding the clippers and not the Sixers. Jenkins has less nba front office experience than brand by 3 million miles.

Anytime a minority gets into a position you applaud and support until there’s equality in this sick world
Yea but isn't Jenkins job some low level random **** though?

Based on what? I don’t believe it. That makes me trying too hard? Stop it please.
What we’ve seen of him so far leads you to believe his trajectory is a non shooter? College ball may feature more athletic day to day comp but Id consider the defense Luka faced overall was better

His three point percentage wasn’t phenomenal by any means however if he played college ball it’s not unfair to say that number would jump. College line is 1 foot shorter than what Luka played with

Lukas conditioning was probably an issue as he shot well the first half of the season (37%) and fell off after

This article sums up how he fared

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6...bout-luka-doncics-shooting-but-should-they-be

I can understand if someone said they’re not a believer overall in Luka but calling him a non shooter is trying too hard to be harsh on euro prospects. Even if he doesn’t shoot well next season his trajectory should lead to league average sooner than later

What we’ve seen of him so far leads you to believe his trajectory is a non shooter? College ball may feature more athletic day to day comp but Id consider the defense Luka faced overall was better

His three point percentage wasn’t phenomenal by any means however if he played college ball it’s not unfair to say that number would jump. College line is 1 foot shorter than what Luka played with

Lukas conditioning was probably an issue as he shot well the first half of the season (37%) and fell off after

This article sums up how he fared

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6...bout-luka-doncics-shooting-but-should-they-be

I can understand if someone said they’re not a believer overall in Luka but calling him a non shooter is trying too hard to be harsh on euro prospects. Even if he doesn’t shoot well next season his trajectory should lead to league average sooner than later

Good. You sold, I’m not. Let’s watch it play out.

Never forget

https://deadspin.com/remember-when-a-duke-alum-wrote-this-very-bad-letter-to-1696196818

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 1999 8:05 PM

To: Taylor, Jennifer

Subject: Re: Leaving Duke

Thank you very much, for reminding me of the reason why I left Duke. People like you can not and will not ever understand my situation. I’m sure daddy worked very hard to send your rich self to college. While real people struggle. I would also like to extend an invitation for you not to waste your or my time ever agin. Never being considered a part of your posh group of yuppies really hurts me to the heart. Yeah, right. Because I don’t care about you or your alumni.

Sincerely, Elton Brand #42 NBA

:pimp:

MyGM

Never forget

https://deadspin.com/remember-when-a-duke-alum-wrote-this-very-bad-letter-to-1696196818

Sent: Sunday, April 25, 1999 8:05 PM

To: Taylor, Jennifer

Subject: Re: Leaving Duke

Thank you very much, for reminding me of the reason why I left Duke. People like you can not and will not ever understand my situation. I’m sure daddy worked very hard to send your rich self to college. While real people struggle. I would also like to extend an invitation for you not to waste your or my time ever agin. Never being considered a part of your posh group of yuppies really hurts me to the heart. Yeah, right. Because I don’t care about you or your alumni.

Sincerely, Elton Brand #42 NBA

:pimp:
And people like dumb**** Jennifer Taylor are allowed to vote. Smh. The amount of blind pride some people have for their school is bordering psychotic too. You really think Duke would give two ****s about their alumni if they werent paying fortunes or representing them athletically

Just being serious. I have a hard time looking at most Euro dudes and believing they are CAN'T MISS.

I am not saying he won't be good, and if he turns up to be good I will pat him on his back.
I am not saying he won't be good, and if he turns up to be good I will pat him on his back.

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. As a fan, I'll absolutely give Brand a chance. I just really wish he won't end up being a yes man.

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. As a fan, I'll absolutely give Brand a chance. I just really wish he won't end up being a yes man.

I don't get the impression that the 6ers have made a habit of hiring yes men even going back as far as Billy King.

They seem to give GM's a good amount of autonomy.

Elton was VP of basketball ops. That's not exactly a no-show job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom