Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

No one else finds this somewhat depressing? The kid is like 10. Why is there media following his games? God damn let this kid be a kid until he hits like 16 at least and we can at least know if he is even a D1 talent.

I would hate to be the reporter that has to go watch 10 year olds play basketball because the boss knows it’s gonna bring traffic to his site.

I'm not entirely sure how to feel about this. As a fan, I'll absolutely give Brand a chance. I just really wish he won't end up being a yes man.

What would lead you to believe he would be a yes man ? Has he ever showed that in his collegiate or NBA career ?

the nba's loss is Hoya Saxa's gain, F tha foolz who passed him up again and again

There was a sports article a couple of years back about how Ewing was willing to do the day-to-day grunt work that was necessary to work your way up to being the top assistant coach. They were saying the perception from his playing days that he wasn't an Xs and Os guy, nor a defense guru ... so they were like he's just going to be at best another mediocre head coach

No one else finds this somewhat depressing? The kid is like 10. Why is there media following his games? God damn let this kid be a kid until he hits like 16 at least and we can at least know if he is even a D1 talent.

I would hate to be the reporter that has to go watch 10 year olds play basketball because the boss knows it’s gonna bring traffic to his site.

Only thing I found depressing is that the video on Bryce instead lf #9, James Colley. Kid has great instincts for the game. Amazing court vision, can work the PnR. Jumper isn't quite there but that is something that he had time to add to his game. He's a willing defender which is promising to see. Would love to see a video showcasing his talents.

What would lead you to believe he would be a yes man ? Has he ever showed that in his collegiate or NBA career ?

Ownership reportedly wanted somebody that would puppet their bidding. It's not an crazy concern to have especially given who they were looking at from outside of the organization.

That’s not what he’s getting at. It’s the fact the Sixers took like 3-4 months just to randomly go with a guy that just retired from basketball a couple years ago that was previously the GM of their G-League team for one season. He’s basically just a face IMO. The actual “GM” is Brett Brown/Eversley/the owners.

Not a fan of this hiring at all but I’ll give him a chance since Embiid gave him the tweet of approval.

Not a fan of this hiring at all but I’ll give him a chance since Embiid gave him the tweet of approval.

128AFD77-219A-4FB6-8702-5BD774632ADB.png

No clue what that stat is but KD is clear #2. Kyrie is better than Dame.

Dame > Kyrie. You need to factor in that Kyrie is constantly injured and Dame always plays. Also, Dame has been the best player on a playoff team, something Kyrie has never done. Kyrie is more clutch though. Never of them so defense.

Dame > Kyrie. You need to factor in that Kyrie is constantly injured and Dame always plays. Also, Dame has been the best player on a playoff team, something Kyrie has never done. Kyrie is more clutch though. Never of them so defense.
Dame been the best player on a playoff team, but Jrue sent that man to the penitentiary last year. Myrie won his Finals matchup. I agree that the only argument you have is injuries though, but other than that...

Myrie >>>> Dame

Got KD at 3, wouldn't put Kawhi any lower than 4-5 unless it's based on missing last season due to injury, in which case I'd just take him off any top 10 based on there being nothing to measure

Dame been the best player on a playoff team, but Jrue sent that man to the penitentiary last year. Myrie won his Finals matchup. I agree that the only argument you have is injuries though, but other than that...

Myrie >>>> Dame
Yep. You can certainly make the injury case with Kyrie missing this past year and 2015, but what happened to Dame this past playoffs can't allow me to put him ahead of Kyrie.

Kyrie also just went 49/41/89 in his first season in Boston as THE guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom