Official 2018 NBA Preseason Thread - Jimmy Butler Does Things

Where will LeBron end up?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Drew better than He Got Game/Blue Chips/Above The Rim....

IMG_1372.GIF

Y’all want to make Boogie look like an idiot so bad. If there’s no offer on July 1st when you can begin signing guys, there is no offer

Having conversations during the season means nothing because you can’t sign guys during the season. Contracts can be offered on July 1st and then officially signed on July 6th. Go read up on the CBA.

Except that's not what happened at all. Offers is plural, implying he had multiple.
He didn't, he got one from the Pels during the season and declined.
During the offseason he got 0. He didn't even get one from the dubs.
He offered himself to them, not the other way around.

This

His agent even told the Lakers that he was down to sign for the same damn contract and wanted to play with LeBron and they apparently declined

This is disingenuous. You're skipping the whole he turned it down piece, before, after, whenever. Signing after July 1st isn't a difficult concept, stop harping on that, and no prior conversation is not negated.

I feel like there's gotta be more to it though.

Listen to the Zach Lowe podcast about it. He breaks down completely what happened.

Last edited:
Does it really matter if Cousins had other offers?

GS was the best place for him. No pressure to rush back. Just needs to be ready for the playoffs and if he contributes, plays well and looks healthy he'll be able to cash out next summer.

It's all about securing the bag.

Blazers need to hurry up and trade for Love.

And what would that trade look like?

I say Toronto should go after him.
Future Pick + Val + Powell

Might as well maximize the opportunity now that Bron is out of the conference.

All this GOAT talk just reminds me that the lakers have the GOAT lineup of players who have played for them:

PG - Magic
SG - Kobe
SF - Lebron
PF - Malone
C - Kareem

Bench of shaq, wilt, west, nash, pau, baylor, worthy

LeBron turning Kobe into a stand is the corner shooter :lol

This is really the Blazers last chance to maybe make some noise. Why resign Nurkic? Rather pay half that money for KOQ and then trade for Love.

Dame
CJ
Aminu
Love
KOQ

If they're not gonna go in now, might as well rebuild.

If it’s “practically a death sentence” then why even offer him $10 million?

I didn't say that WOULD happen. im operating under YOUR premise that he would get more than 5 next season. i'm simply telling you it doesn't ******* matter what he gets...the demarcus cousins we know is FINISHED. he has an uphill battle to even be an effective starter again.

y'all are severely undervaluing this injury because y'all are operating on emotions and just see "Cousins on the Warriors" without giving it any context. if the injury wasn't a major factor...why on earth are we talking about this? why weren't teams lining up to sign demarcus cousins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom