Votes: 1 7.1%
  • July

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • August

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • September

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters
Stanton's HR was a bullet, that **** was crazy.

Game was pissing me the **** off. Offense needs to wake the **** up.

I know some of you guys will disagree, but it's really amazing how good Tanaka is despite giving up the most HRs in the last two years.

Out of 13 starts, he's got 7 Quality Starts (6IP, 3ER or less) all 7 of them he has a WHIP of 1.00 or less. He got screwed on Yesterday's start he had gone 5, 1 H, 1BB, 1ER and only 75 pitches, with 8-9-1 coming up in the 6th.

2 back to back bad starts in April versus the Sox & Marlins

May 9th against the Sox wasn't a good start, but he grinded,
1-2-3 in the 1st
2nd gave up a 2 run HR, 2 Hits with 2 outs then got out of the jam,
3rd walk - double play - walk - single - K for 3rd out
4th - 1 - 2 - 3
5th - Ground out - Home Run - Fly Out - Line Out
6th - Double - Ground Out (Was taken out 5-3 lead, bullpen blows it)

May 21st not a good start, but grinded again, left with the lead, mainly was an uncharacteristic wild night for him with 4 walks
1st - Ground Out, Walk, Force Out, Error on a Steal, Ground Out
2nd - Home Run, Bunt Ground Out, K, Ground Out
3rd - 1 - 2 - 3
4th - Ground - Walk - Walk - 3 Run HR - K , HBP, Ground Out
5th - Single, Force Out, Double Play

June 2nd, not a good start, but grinded and left with the lead
1st - Groundout - HR - K - K
2nd - Pop Up, Fly Out, Single , Fly Out
3rd - Fly Ball - Solo HR - Single - K - K
4th - Double - K - Ground Out - K
5th - Single - Pop Up - DP
Then in the 6th it fell apart - HR - K - Single - Walk and was replaced by Holder with a 6-3 Lead

6 really good starts,
2 awful starts no matter which way you slice it, and
3 starts where he grinded while not having his best stuff and left the team with a lead
1 game that got rained out in the 5th with a 3-3 tie (5IP, 4 H, 3ER, 0BB, 3 back to back 1-2-3 innings)..
Yankees are 10-2 in his starts

Yup.. I really don't think he gets the credit he deserves.

Anywho....
1. Clint or Florial + Take your pick of Chance Adams, Brandon Drury, Domingo German, Domingo Acevado, Neil Walker, Dillon Tate, Tyler Austin, Thairo Estrada, Tyler Wade

Go after Fulmer or Archer
If we went after Happ or Hamels... Fraizer & Florial are a non starter.
Mets won't trade us DeGrom or Thor... And they want pretty much all of our top 10 including Torres & Andujar

Are we sure Fulmer is actually good? His peripherals are worse than Sonny's.

Are we sure Fulmer is actually good? His peripherals are worse than Sonny's.

I think it's more so just adding depth at this point, and see who can step up to be a reliable 3 out of Gray - Fulmer - CC - Montgomery...

And we have an embarrassment of riches in the minors and need to start consolidating it as well because eventually we'll get hit by the 40man crunch.
I.e. pick one of Frazier or Florial (at worst case we have 1 OF position locked up, 2 if Stanton were to go to LF.)
Settle in and be okay with Sheffield, Abreu & Medina, and whoever is left over that didn't get traded. Sevy is an Ace. Tanaka has Ace stuff, but is a strong 2. Sheffield & Medina are supposed to be 1-2 Starter stuff, so it takes pressure off Tanaka each year. Montgomery is a solid back end guy.
Infield is pretty much locked up for 5 years at least (Bird only ? mark because of injuries) so guys like Estrada & Wade don't make any sense and don't have anywhere near the talent of Torres, Didi, Andujar that if injuries did happen, they'd be reliable

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom