Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
been meaning to see the status of Error Spence since nothing was mentioned in here for awhile

I see charged w/ DWI now and has been out of the hospital

Everyone needs to check out the ESPN segment with Jamel Herring and the two other servicemen who dealt with PTSD that they just aired before his fight on +. One of the best pieces I've ever seen ESPN, or any media outlet, do. As someone whose brother couldn't drive down the highway without fearing IEDs after he came back from Iraq, it really hit home about what our service members have to deal with after coming home and how we need to focus on caring for their mental well-being.

Not sure if anyone is watching this YouTube fight on DAZN, but if you could combine Logan Paul's left jab with KSI's roundhouse right you'd have my ideal fighter from "Knockout Kings" around 2001 :lol:

That was actually better than I expected. I figured it would be like a Butter Bean fight from years ago. Logan Paul looked like a legit boxer, and if he had confidence in his right and a little more fuel in the tank he should have easily won. KSI was just winging stuff, throwing from his hip with a slew of power, and if he had hit any of his haymakers clean he'd have killed Paul lol. But I'm used to seeing fights like this end up being two guys coming out flailing at each other like a streetfight, and this was refreshingly boxing-like. I can't hate on either of these guys, and if it brought the sport to their millions of followers who wouldn't normally watch, I'm good with it :nthat:

I was never really impressed by what Herring does in the ring. He seems to be a gym rat who happened to stumble upon boxing.

Dudes mad timid. Underwhelming fight altogether.
Not sure if anyone is watching this YouTube fight on DAZN, but if you could combine Logan Paul's left jab with KSI's roundhouse right you'd have my ideal fighter from "Knockout Kings" around 2001 :lol:

That crowd looked like a Coachella festival. Didnt know any of cornballs they were interviewing.

Hearn better not pull that bull**** again

That was actually better than I expected. I figured it would be like a Butter Bean fight from years ago. Logan Paul looked like a legit boxer, and if he had confidence in his right and a little more fuel in the tank he should have easily won. KSI was just winging stuff, throwing from his hip with a slew of power, and if he had hit any of his haymakers clean he'd have killed Paul lol. But I'm used to seeing fights like this end up being two guys coming out flailing at each other like a streetfight, and this was refreshingly boxing-like. I can't hate on either of these guys, and if it brought the sport to their millions of followers who wouldn't normally watch, I'm good with it :nthat:

Nah man they can keep their "fans"

Dont need no asshat ufc type fans spewing hot garbage.

Lol, I hear ya... but casual fans can become hardcore fans, and that's what boxing needs - young, hardcore fans. Anything (other than death or severe injury) that adds to exposure is a good thing.

It's a Thursday night. Part of me is wondering if I can get in and out of Miami for it before the ****ery.

The other part knows ****ery will already be in full effect :lol:

Back
Top Bottom