Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Impressive win, thought the whole battery accusation would throw him off mentally.

Should have fought like this throughout his career and try to box as opposed to always trying to KO people.

I think Oleksandr Gvozdyk would beat him though.

I think Kov might be one of those weirdos who at his most comfortable when his life is in chaos :lol:. Kellerman and Kriegel made a big deal about Alvarez not wanting to touch gloves with Kov, but they both didn't see that Kov had just landed a low blow before which pissed Alvarez off. He's still the same prick he has always been.

I hated Alvarez and Ramsey's gameplan tonight. Eleider is a big guy for this division and rarely did he ever impose his will physically this fight and dig to the body. The fight was fought at Kov's preferred distance and tempo for like 95% of it.

Where does Eleider Alvarez go from here?

Zurdo just moved up and outside of Bivol and Browne basically the rest of the LHW division is on that side of the street now. They're going to need fights, and he's still a quality opponent. Yvon Michel is aligned with TR/ESPN now.

It's besides the point, but tbh I'm not expecting much out of Zurdo at LHW. I think he gets blown out by any of the top 5 guys.

Not hyped on Teofimo yet, I mean he beat someone who's pretty much a walking punching bag. Anybody could look like a boxing God against punching bag type opponents. Teofimo isn't even on the first page of the lightweight division list on boxrec at this moment.

So at this point, Teofimo is easy work for Loma, Tank, Devin Haney, Mikey Garcia, Anthony Joshua, Klitschko, and Floyd Mayweather.

Arum is going to move Teofimo Lopez slowly. Lopez is going to get soft touches his next few fights so he can get highlight reel knockouts. We should see Lopez vs Haney in a couple years.

Beltran and Pedraza are being mentioned as his next opponents for this year.

Whether he'll be ready or not by then idk, but I think a Loma fight is a legit possibility in 2020 if he runs through those two guys this year.

Not hyped on Teofimo yet, I mean he beat someone who's pretty much a walking punching bag. Anybody could look like a boxing God against punching bag type opponents. Teofimo isn't even on the first page of the lightweight division list on boxrec at this moment.

So at this point, Teofimo is easy work for Loma, Tank, Devin Haney, Mikey Garcia, Anthony Joshua, Klitschko, and Floyd Mayweather.

Why is he easy work for Haney? Haney just started stepping up his competition, that record was built on cans until his last 2 fights. Even then, the one common opp that they both had in Menard...Teo crushed him.

I’m not sold on Haney at all to be honest, however I do recognize how young is he.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

That injury is no joke. One of my boys had a retinal year and had to take a decent amount of time off to let it heal after getting it fixed. Years of sparring contribute a lot more to that than fighting in my opinion.

That's why you gotta sign the deals with guaranteed money rather than with all these clause

That's quite the step up for Shakur. Kind of surprised TR is this quick to seemingly cash out Pitufo as well.

So apparently Thurman vs Broner is being talked about. This dude AB just keeps getting more chances to disappoint :smh:.

With how bad Thurman looked against Josesito tho, maybe that’s a matchup he needs right now.

Looks like AJ will get a career high purse of about $32 mil for MSG debut against Big Baby Miller. That DAZN money

Back
Top Bottom