Official 2019 Boxing Thread: 12/28 - Davis vs. Gamboa, Pascal vs. Jack SHO

Who will be the winner of the Kovalev vs. Canelo fight?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Breazeale felt the power and decided it was best to not try and beat the count. I guess you can say he made a smart decision?

Maaannnnnnn... homeboy's EARLOBES were flapping from that right and his whole gatdam body went limp before he even started falling. Dude wasn't getting up coherently by 10, 12, 15 or 30. He was not beating that count. That was a straight-*** KNOCKOUT.

Wtf was Ortiz doing in that ring afterwards trying to call out Deontay? Old-*** King Hippo mother****er has no business being anywhere near Wilder, AJ or Fury right now - FOH

Breazeale felt the power and decided it was best to not try and beat the count. I guess you can say he made a smart decision?

Maaannnnnnn... homeboy's EARLOBES were flapping from that right and his whole gatdam body went limp before he even started falling. Dude wasn't getting up coherently by 10, 12, 15 or 30. He was not beating that count. That was a straight-*** KNOCKOUT.

Yea homeboys brain was scrambled. Mans moobs was flapping all over the place, he didnt know where tf he was. That was a clean ko.

So wilder got close to $10 mil for the quick 1st rd ko win last night from showtime instead of the $20 mil he would've made under the DAZN deal, will see in a couple yrs if betting on himself in the long run pays off with a big money AJ fight or not for taking less money short term

Virgil Hunter gives more motivational speech than tactical advice. Andre Ward is a natural fighter, he didn't need Hunter.

I can’t see accomplishing what Ward has accomplished and being as cerebral as he is without a high level trainer with him.

Everytime you see Virgil with another fighter they’re getting starched, but they tend to be very flawed established fighters that are trying to turn their careers around in the final stretch i.e. Khan, Breazeale, Berto. Can’t expect the man to work miracles.

He did well when he worked with an elite guy like Jacobs. The test will be if he can mold another young fighter to greatness.

So wilder got close to $10 mil for the quick 1st rd ko win last night from showtime instead of the $20 mil he would've made under the DAZN deal, will see in a couple yrs if betting on himself in the long run pays off with a big money AJ fight or not for taking less money short term

Good point. Last night was such easy money for Wilder though. He's def fighting end of the year again.

Already seeing things sway in Wilder’s favor as far as public perception now. I definitely thought turning down the $100 mil was terrible but we’ll see, he might actually make this work.

He’s the oldest out of the trio of him, Fury & Joshua, so having to fight 3x before the Joshua match wasn’t necessarily ideal for him. Maybe now the public pressure can get that Joshua match made much quicker, like late this year or early 2020. And Wilder’s growing fame is gonna give him more negotiating power.

On top of that he put on size and at least in the Breazele fight he was attempting to work behind his jab. He might be more of a problem for Joshua and Fury now than before

Still think Wilder is doing King Kong rematch later this yr and then Kownacki early next yr

Don’t mind the Kownacki match, but the King Kong rematch is a waste though. I’d think his handlers wouldn’t be down for that either, Ortiz had him in some real trouble.

If you’re gonna do any rematch before Joshua then at least do Fury. This is why people can’t **** with boxing like that, these dudes gonna avoid each other until 2025 :smh:.

Reactions: OTG
Don’t mind the Kownacki match, but the King Kong rematch is a waste though. I’d think his handlers wouldn’t be down for that either, Ortiz had him in some real trouble.

If you’re gonna do any rematch before Joshua then at least do Fury. This is why people can’t **** with boxing like that, these dudes gonna avoid each other until 2025 :smh:.

Al has already promised Ortiz that fight. It's why turned down the AJ fight for 7M.

We'll see how public perception is when he's fighting Andy Ruiz in late 2020.

He got 40M and the fight in the US, I'm not sure what more he can get. I could understand turning down the deal if DAZN insisted on it being a three fight deal (I think we can all agree Wilder deserves A-side treatment in the rematch if he beats Joshua the first time) but they didn't even try to negotiate that issue. One of sticking points was that they wanted to know what AJ was making :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom