OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

Y’all don’t want James Franklin. That dudes a bigger choke artist in big games than Urban is in small games

Loaded how? Like OSU?

PA don't produce talent like that anymore. Back in the day a program like Pitt could be nationally relevant just off the strength of WPA kids. Those days are over.

I know he's not sexy but why don't you guys give Whittingham a look?

Who cares about crooting you're SC, you're going to get kids. It's time to hire someone who can actually coach them.

Whittingham wanted the SC job in 2015. He, Fuente, Herman, and Schiano were the head coaches I heard about reaching out and Haden never gave any of them a serious look. (Fuente interviewed for the OC position in 2010 and said he felt Haden's 2015 interview was a sham to make it look like they were looking outside of the university for prospective coaches.)

He used to be at odds with the admins and athletic dept. at Utah but I think those things have settled. At this point Whittingham is being paid $3.3M and I read he's on a tenure track at the university so I don't know that he'd seriously look to come to SC. He's LDS and kind of a lowkey guy so idk that he'd want to lave Utah for LA either.

Then again we said the same things about Petersen and...

Last edited:
Fromm has regressed from last season. He's just not playing confidently. That being said, Fields is an unknown commodity. We haven't seen him throw make meaningful throws, identify defenses, change protections, etc. For all Fromm's issues, hes still a top tier college QB and benching him for a true freshman is a stretch
You also had a ridiculous backfield last year that took over the games and made things a bit easier for Fromm. Fields is going to be a stud. Do I want to give him the reins against a really good UF defense when we haven't seen him in conference play like that? Probably not.

Georgia isn't handling it the poorly. Fans just want the backup to start.

From what I saw at G-Day to what I've seen in season, they've handled Fields very poorly but I know Kirby is doing what he can to try to hang on to Fromm for next year because he's had 0 QB depth his 3 years as HC. You don't want your first 3 years as a HC to have to start 3 true freshman QB's back to back (Eason, Fromm, Fields), but it is what it is...now we're looking to take 2 QB's this cycle :nerd:

There will be more decommits but those will be because we're trimming fat for ESD.

What in the Chick-fil-A is going on at the UGA 247 Board? I saw some people squabbling in the Junkyard about Justin Fields leaving and decommitments/transfers tied to him. They just b**tching to b**ch or do some of stories have legs?

UGA about to start him now. :lol:

If not, there's a short least on Fromm.

Can't wait for that D line to get unleashed

Cocaine unis too I'm gonna be hammered Saturday. It's Halloween weekend too somebody daughter getting deflowered after we mop up the puppy dogs.

Interesting that when Illinois and Maryland play Saturday it’ll be the first time they’ve ever played

I think when the pendulum swings back the "power" teams are still going to throw the ball around and be as “spread” as teams are right now, but they’ll be doing it from heavier personnel groupings that will be able to compact and take advantage of smaller defenses on the ground when they need to.

Basically what NE was trying to do with Gronk and Chico.

Interesting that when Illinois and Maryland play Saturday it’ll be the first time they’ve ever played

Reinforces the fact that these divisions are essentially their own mini-conferences and why division wins should decide who plays in the CCG.

Come back after 4pm Saturday. I'll let you know.

upload_2018-10-26_16-50-8.png

You still salty bout 2016

PSU still goes to the CCG in that scenario because one of the next tie breakers is going to have to be conference wins. They like OSU and Michigan were 6-1 in the division as well.

Had Michigan not lost to Iowa and the OSU game played out the same, an interesting dilemma would have came up tho. The selection committee's rankings would have picked the winner in that scenario, which is another issue I have because in that instance you are injecting worth of the OOC into a conference race. It wont happen because the NCAA hates MOV, but MOV within a division should decide a division winner in the cases of a three team tie.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom