OFFICIAL 2019 COLLEGE FOOTBALL OFFSEASON THREAD

It’s not a Cessna, it’s a sr-22. The academy doesn’t actually have any of the larger aircraft that the Air Force flies. They start their training in the cirrus sr-22. At the academy air strip (which is a small field), it’s mostly just those planes now.

I thought the Academy bought T-53s, a version of the SR-20s, not 22s?

So they’re blaming the training staff and not the coaching staff for McNairs death. Galloway saying Durkin had no responsibility to check on him :smh: Last I checked isn’t the head coach in charge of everything? A boss at a workplace is responsible for everyone below them

That press conference was cringe worthy

UCF has undergone a major change in the s&c staff. The coach is an antiquated NFL lifer.
From what I’ve witnessed, I’m not expecting a strong team like last years squad.
This could be a disaster.

I know 2 assistants on that UCF s&c staff, ones not really happy there and the other will just do what he’s told cuz it’s his first full time gig. Don’t know much abt the head guy

I thought the Academy bought T-53s, a version of the SR-20s, not 22s?

You’re right! My bad.

Are you a pilot? I fly out of the Denver area, and the AF planes (callsigns shrike and talon) are always up here because when the density altitude gets too high, they can’t train at the academy.

Just disgusting famb. This guy needs to be fired.

He does. To be fair though, they haven’t made a decision on him yet. (They’re probably figuring out how much money they are going to have to pay him if they fire him)

You’re right! My bad.

Are you a pilot? I fly out of the Denver area, and the AF planes (callsigns shrike and talon) are always up here because when the density altitude gets too high, they can’t train at the academy.

Nah. I'm an Aircraft Maintenance Officer and I've had my A&P for 18 years now. I run maintenance programs and have been part of most of the major natural disasters in the U.S. over the decade+ from the most recent, Hurricane Harvey, to Katrina, and also the BP oil spill. I'm typically the only non-flying officer a small air stations since I'm a Chief Warrant Officer and my specialty is Aviation Engineering; however, I know the Navy had a program for a while back that made CWOs rotary-wing pilots. I don't think that exists anymore, but I could be entirely wrong, too.

Aviation runs in my family (all of us have been maintainers in the Air Force, Coast Guard, and Marine Corps); however, I'm not super familiar with civil aviation like my uncle (he's an aircraft encyclopedia lol). He has a consulting firm and has his private pilot's license, along with other uncles; although I honestly don't know what ratings they've earned.

Anyway ... I also have buddies that are or have been stationed at NORAD, which is in your neck of the woods, as you know, so I believe I've heard them discussing SR-20s. I've also been stationed near Pensacola, so the skies were littered with Navy T-34s.

Who do you fly for if you don't mind me asking? I've been hearing that the airlines are hurting for pilots.

Lol LSU down to 2 scholarship QBs on the roster now?

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom